New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2009
    this sounds so odd, i know! meron pa ba good FC sa AT engines? but i appreciate if some of you guys can give inputs cuz i dont know anything about cars esp for AT and we're buying our first car on our own,been using my dad's car for years he only thought me how to drive MT and he never owned AT ever since. my hubby xc had a major knee injury before so now, his knees has bending limits and we ussually drive cavite to mkati and vise vrsa so traffic is our everyday worries. please need ur suggestions. oh btw we got our car plan approved so we just need to decide which car brand is the best for AT, in terms of practicality

2. Join Date
    May 2009
    You can't go wrong with a Toyota or Honda as your first AT car. How much is your budget and do you have any car in mind right now? That would help a lot.

3. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    I would say Honda. They have 5 speed automatic standard across the range while Toyota still uses antiquated 4 speed. Extra gear gives you better fuel economy.

4. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    The best car, and I mean the BEST car if you are after excellent fuel mileage is Ford Focus TDCI. It's a six speed automatic turbo diesel..

especially with your route, you'd get excellent figures.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Daughn View Post
    this sounds so odd, i know! meron pa ba good FC sa AT engines? but i appreciate if some of you guys can give inputs cuz i dont know anything about cars esp for AT and we're buying our first car on our own,been using my dad's car for years he only thought me how to drive MT and he never owned AT ever since. my hubby xc had a major knee injury before so now, his knees has bending limits and we ussually drive cavite to mkati and vise vrsa so traffic is our everyday worries. please need ur suggestions. oh btw we got our car plan approved so we just need to decide which car brand is the best for AT, in terms of practicality
    If you budget permits (and if already available)

Ford Focus 2.0L TDCi A/T

It's turbo diesel engine gives great performance when needed while only sipping fuel. Comfort, well suspension is a little stiffer than the usual Focus due to the heavier engine & tranny combo on this particular model but if the roads you normally drive on are smooth, it shouldn't be much to complain about.

Other possible good options:

Toyota Corolla 1.8L A/T
    Honda Civic 1.8L A/T

The Civic offers great leg-room upfront as well as at the back seats.

6. Join Date
    May 2008
    Isama na rin natin yung mga may CVT na A/T tranny.

7. Join Date
    Sep 2008
    If you have the budget, definitely go for the ford focus 2.0 TDCI

Else,settle for a toyota then a honda (based on A/T FC)

Having driven the 97, 2004 Civic and the 1999, 2002 Altis. The Altis FC is far far better. Im not sure if the current models are different.

8. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    The '09 City and Jazz A/T are also good choices.

9. Join Date
    Sep 2008
    matipid din naman ang Tucson CRDi AT 4x2 ah, sama na natin sa listahan..saka mas mura sya sa Ford Focus TDCi

10. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Yeah the old Honda matics are crappy, pero yung mga bago na 5 speed I am sure they are much better than those found in Toyota's with 4 speed...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Which brand is the most fuel efficient AT car?