New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Guys need your help to decide bnew cx7 or 2008 cx9 18t mileage same price, good condition.

2. Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Depends on your needs. The CX-7 is much smaller, seats less, has less features and consumes much less fuel plus its brand new.

The CX-9 is a good car except that its quite a guzzler. And how sure are you about the 18k kms? Is it from a direct seller that can verify why the mileage is quite low?

3. Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Sure kasi kaibgan ko may ari. Wife nya lang gumagamit. May 80t disc yung bnew cx7 kaya nagkapareho ang price.

4. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Kung siguradong good condition, tapos kaya mo yung gas expenses at maintenance, CX-9. Sobrang mas maganda yung CX-9 kaysa sa CX-7.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    Kung siguradong good condition, tapos kaya mo yung gas expenses at maintenance, CX-9. Sobrang mas maganda yung CX-9 kaysa sa CX-7.
    i agree with this, lalo na cx-7 is phased out which can be a bad thing in the future. anyway the cx-9 is a much better car than the cx-7 yon nga lang syempre bigger car equals more expensive to maintain and use. if you can afford it then get the cx-9.

6. Join Date
    May 2006
    Wala bang issues ang cx9? baka matamaan si TS sa piyesa dahil wala ng warranty.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by foresterx View Post
    i agree with this, lalo na cx-7 is phased out which can be a bad thing in the future. anyway the cx-9 is a much better car than the cx-7 yon nga lang syempre bigger car equals more expensive to maintain and use. if you can afford it then get the cx-9.
    Kindly modify the thread title. Both CX-7 ang choices.

If the CX-9 is indeed as good as advertised (or stated by your friend), and you can manage the fuel consumption, then go for it. The CX-9 is more luxurious, and much more spacious.

8. Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by doublej View Post
    Sure kasi kaibgan ko may ari. Wife nya lang gumagamit. May 80t disc yung bnew cx7 kaya nagkapareho ang price.
    If that's the case, then I have the same opinion with everyone else here. I find the local CX-7 quite underwhelming in terms of features and equipment, the CX-9 on the other hand is quite loaded, specially the newer face lifted model. But the 08 model still has a lot of features so its still loaded. I find it a much better car and the size is not a pain in the ass to be driving one everyday.

9. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    The parts availability won't change with the car being discontinued. Major parts for expensive cars like the CX7 and CRV are not stocked at the dealers. They only stock common parts like oil filters, brakes and brake pads. Everything else is on order.

The CX9 is very thirsty, but a much better car than the bare-bones CX7. In all ways. It drives better, rides better, steers better, has a nicer interior, more space and a whole lot more charisma.

10. Join Date
    Jan 2012
    for me... nothing beats brand new... if you really want the cx9, much better ipang down mo na lang yung pang bili mo ng cx7 brand new..then 1year to pay yung rest. Happy ka pa kasi 2012 yung cx9 mo., and wala kang sisisihin kung may hidden defects man kasi alam mo brand new yung car mo.. aiiyyyytttt.

bnew cx7 or 2nd hand 2008 cx7 mileage 18000 same price which would you choose?