New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    I know guys who daily drive their c63, e63, m3 and r8 and haven't had any problems at all. My brother is one of them, been daily driving his c63 since 2009 and his r8 since last year and experienced 0 problems. My dad's s550 has been daily driven since 2006 and he only changes oil once a year, till today nothing has been replaced or repaired, besides tires and battery ofcourse.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Ung mga german cars, are those durable or designed to sustain heavy traffic in manila if driven daily? pag weekend car lang wala cguro problema.

3. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    If all things being equal, I'd place my bet on the Lexus. It's mostly the newer models that are problematic, I've got a friend who just bought his wife a brand new BMW 3 series (E90), it already broke down on them with only less than 500kms on the clock and for some reason the ride is very very stiff despite having replaced the RFT's with regular tires. Now his wife wants to sell the car having owned it for only 3 months and replace it with your typical Jap SUV (Fortuner, Montero Sport).

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    Let's just say this... If you own an S-Class/7-series, then your budget is big enough that 100k pesos in repairs is an annoyance rather than bank breaking.

Even minor xontrol modules (like for power seats or power windows... And there are a lot of them) cost over a hundred thousand to replace. Then there are active suspensions, also hundred k plus if you break them... and active suspension will break if you use the car as often as you use a regular car... Then ABS modules, O2 sensors... Etcetera...

Most owners of the big ones don't complain because they don't use them a lot. I know a few that are daily driven and they're nightmares.

If you use one as an occassional car, then it's fine. Aside from losing nearly a million bucks a year in depreciation, no problem.

Lexus is another matter. Some of their cars are basically Toyotas underneath, so maintenance is not bad, Don't know anyone with a GS or LS, so I can't comment on the Lexii which are not basically upscale Camries or Land Cruisers.
    i agree. owners of high end euro cars tend not to use the car very often thus having lot of problems. bmw and audi service technician that i have talked to told me most problems occur due to owners babying their car some haven't even reached 1000kms. in a year.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Retz View Post
    Ung mga german cars, are those durable or designed to sustain heavy traffic in manila if driven daily? pag weekend car lang wala cguro problema.
    yes, i have friends here in the philippines that use their euro cars daily. most of them have no complains about their car, some of them do but very minor.

6. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Never bring a duck into a cockfight.

7. Join Date
    May 2010
    My tita drives her 3 series coupe everyday to work. It had broke down only thrice since ownership. It's even her 3rd BMW.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2003
    mas mura casa pms ng bmw x1 diesel kaysa current mitsu pajero diesel. 8k inabot pms ng bmw with synthetic oil every 10k kms or 2 years. pajero every 5k kms with mobil delvac 1 synthetic oil almost 12k. at 40k kms inabot ng 26k. dont know yet sa reapairs,

9. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Glossied up Toyota = Lexus
    Glossied up Mercedes Benz = Maybach

Maybach vs. Lexus

10. Join Date
    Oct 2010
    just my thought on this...

German cars are built to be driven (even like it daily drive), and from time to time take it near the limit so all sensors are actively working. Kapag manila driven lang, its not worth to own euro car, with all the trafic, better get the lexus (or camry, since it a toyota badge)
    We have a family friend with AudiRS5 and Bimmer 335, so far never heared of them complaining about there cars, both are clocking 30TKM for 2yrs.
    What they did, is that every other month drive it quite hard to subic (even running at 200kph) then back to manila. Sometimes to Tagaytay/Nasugbu during weekends.
    I've tried driving the RS5..hehehe..I'd love the V8 rourrrrsss

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Bmw,mercedes benz,audi and lexus.......after 5 years..