79. You may not vote on this poll
  • M5

41 51.90%
  • Skyline

38 48.10%
Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    skyline na muna.. toy car ba.. i wish i had the money...

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by squala
    Yes, the Skyline's 4WD system has a great deal of sophistication, but if AFAIK, it's still not as agile as an Evo being a bigger, heavier car. On the other hand, BMW still doesn't apply 4WD to their M cars for some reason, despite already being employed in less powerful 3 and 5-Series models.
    RWD is still the way to go. just look at the REAL supercars... Enzo, Carrera GT & Mclaren SLR.

AWD will only add additional weight & lowers WHP. plus if you have a really good chassis, electronic driver aids (like ESC) & a driver who knows how to use it... who needs AWD to correct you?

Quote Originally Posted by pixelparadigm
    Usually, it just runs like an FR
    Nope... power is delivered to all wheels (but biased to the rear).

===

IMO... AWD & 4WS is just a way to cover up a mediocre chassis.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    standard setting ng GT-R is to have all power to the rears, but if need be (wheelspin on rears, etc...), it distributes the torque to the front too.

weight-wise...both the GT-R naman and M5 are heavy, so ayun. heheh.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ganun ba (i mean, skyline is set-up for 0/100 torque-split until wheelspin is detected)?

well whatever, i still want one haha

5. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    mbt: hmmm, parang same nga yun. heheh. :D

6. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueBimmer
    M5! as it says on the tv ad 'fastest saloon on the planet' hehehe

...that's their ad? i thought that title belongs to the bentley continental flying spur. magkaiba ba saloon sa sedan?

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by mazdamazda
    RWD is still the way to go. just look at the REAL supercars... Enzo, Carrera GT & Mclaren SLR.

AWD will only add additional weight & lowers WHP. plus if you have a really good chassis, electronic driver aids (like ESC) & a driver who knows how to use it... who needs AWD to correct you?
    you forgot lamborghini... their current cars have all wheel drive. The advantage is additional traction when needed.

If you have over 500hp going to the two rear wheels, I think wheel spin is the result.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter
    you forgot lamborghini... their current cars have all wheel drive. The advantage is additional traction when needed.

If you have over 500hp going to the two rear wheels, I think wheel spin is the result.
    it is more of an exception than the rule... the top 10 list of Top Gear's Power Lap (as of June 23, 2005) confirms that. only the Murcielago is AWD equipped. heck, even Porsche didn't add AWD to their GT3.

1st Maserati MC12 - 1.18.9
    2nd Ferrari F60 Enzo - 1.19.0
    3rd Ariel Atom - 1.19.5
    4th Porsche Carerra GT - 1.19.8
    5th Mercedes McLaren SLR - 1.20.9
    Ford GT - 1.21.9
    Ferrari 360 CS - 1.22.3
    Porsche GT3 RS - 1.22.3
    Murcielago - 1.23.7
    Zonda - 1.23.8

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ghosthunter,

is it correct that below that threshold at which wheelspin would occur (and on a dry track, wheelspin is more the driver's error than the car's), all-wheel-drive offers no benefits to dry-road handling? in fact, the torque split to the front tires would tend to increase understeer, while all that weight for the AWD hardware is of course a liability?

therefore, would it be right to say that the greatest advantage of AWD (in general, and on a dry road) is that it makes the car easier to drive by even novice drivers, rather than offering an absolute handling advantage in the dry?

10. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Ako kung marami akong pera skyline na ako...

Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
BMW M5 or Nismo Skyline R34?