New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by fjoseph View Post
    Buhayin ko lang po itong thread. Ask ko lang po if reliable paba to buy this kind of car? What do I mean for collection po. Madala ba I-maintain ang 320 series? Thanks
    Reliability is dependent on how the previous owner maintained and used it. We used to have one before (1998 320i). I was searching some months back out of curiosity since the prices are quite attractive (and it's a fun car to throw around in the corners) but most i've seen are not "pasado" in my standards (meaning you'll be spending a tidy sum to get it into fresh and reliable condition).

2. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Had one more than ten years ago, bought it from the family of a popular race car driver turned politician, the unit I got was VERY VERY FRESH! ( it only had 1,200km when I got it, it was 4 years old at that time). The reason why the mileage was that low is because the first owner had more than 20 cars at his disposal. I remember nakalimutan na nga nya yung car na yan till he brought me to his garage and saw it there dun lang nya naalala na may E36 pala sya. Medyo kinulit ko yung owner nyan for a few months before he finally gave in. A lot of people saw hat the 316i was slow, something that I never felt about it at that time. Maybe because I came from slow cars before the 316i (EG hatch 1.2 engine, EK 1.5LXI). i enjoyed the car for 4 years until the ABS light came on and was given a 75k estimate by Autohaus Libis to fix it, I promptly sold it, at that time wala pa masyado gumagawa ng BMW outside of casa. I bought a new CRV after that, but was never happy with so I sold it at a loss after 2 months and 800km, iba kasi talaga feel ng German cars eh. Then bought a 95 Benz C class which I had for 2 years then a succession of Benzes came along.

Now that the prices of an E36 316i has dropped to around 180-300k, parang gusto ko bumili ulit as a toy/project car, ok sana yung 320i pero I don't want matic for such an old car.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by ronw123w124 View Post
    Had one more than ten years ago, bought it from the family of a popular race car driver turned politician, the unit I got was VERY VERY FRESH! ( it only had 1,200km when I got it, it was 4 years old at that time). The reason why the mileage was that low is because the first owner had more than 20 cars at his disposal. I remember nakalimutan na nga nya yung car na yan till he brought me to his garage and saw it there dun lang nya naalala na may E36 pala sya. Medyo kinulit ko yung owner nyan for a few months before he finally gave in. A lot of people saw hat the 316i was slow, something that I never felt about it at that time. Maybe because I came from slow cars before the 316i (EG hatch 1.2 engine, EK 1.5LXI). i enjoyed the car for 4 years until the ABS light came on and was given a 75k estimate by Autohaus Libis to fix it, I promptly sold it, at that time wala pa masyado gumagawa ng BMW outside of casa. I bought a new CRV after that, but was never happy with so I sold it at a loss after 2 months and 800km, iba kasi talaga feel ng German cars eh. Then bought a 95 Benz C class which I had for 2 years then a succession of Benzes came along.

Now that the prices of an E36 316i has dropped to around 180-300k, parang gusto ko bumili ulit as a toy/project car, ok sana yung 320i pero I don't want matic for such an old car.
    The 320i was one of the first 5-speed a/ts i've encountered locally too. Sayang at walang m/t model sold locally. The 316i may not be as fast but the balance and feel are much better than any Jap sedan of it's size.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
BMW 316i ok ba ito?