New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    May 2011
    Hi All,

I'm planning to replace our 96 Accord with either of these 2 cars. I was initially planning to get an Accent or an entry level Altis, but changed my mind as I am planning to invest my money somewhere else. I think both cars are in the same price range. This will be a project car and just be used for coding, moving around the village, or late night parties. Takaw carnap kasi tong daily driver ko.

Would like to get inputs about the 316i more than the jazz because my sister has one. Maintenance, common problems, non-casa source for parts, repair shops, etc.

Thanks.

2. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Jazz 2000? There is no 2000 model Jazz. It started selling here in 2004. I'd suggest you get a 1.5VTEC M/T variant if you are very much into mods. The 7 speed CVT may give good performance and excellent gas mileage but since Honda didn't perfect the technology, it will give you very expensive headaches in the long run. I wouldn't recommend the 316i since it is very underpowered and spare parts are hard to find and very, very expensive. Not worth it, IMO. If you don't mind the high maintenance cost and high cost of modification, I'd suggest you start with at least the 318i or 320i.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    [QUOTE=turboride;1810065]Hi All,

I'm planning to replace our 96 Accord with either of these 2 cars. Takaw carnap kasi tong daily driver ko.

nakawin ang accord?!...

4. Join Date
    May 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by GTi View Post
    Jazz 2000? There is no 2000 model Jazz. It started selling here in 2004. I'd suggest you get a 1.5VTEC M/T variant if you are very much into mods. The 7 speed CVT may give good performance and excellent gas mileage but since Honda didn't perfect the technology, it will give you very expensive headaches in the long run. I wouldn't recommend the 316i since it is very underpowered and spare parts are hard to find and very, very expensive. Not worth it, IMO. If you don't mind the high maintenance cost and high cost of modification, I'd suggest you start with at least the 318i or 320i.
    thanks boss. Somehow feeling ko my sis had it since forever. Pero it was the first model of jazz that came out. How much does the 96 to 98 bmw 318 cost? How much more does a part cost from a japanese part. Say, ac compress.

5. Join Date
    May 2011
    [QUOTE=dr. d;1810488]
    Quote Originally Posted by turboride View Post
    Hi All,

I'm planning to replace our 96 Accord with either of these 2 cars. Takaw carnap kasi tong daily driver ko.

nakawin ang accord?!...
    sorry, did not make it clear. My daily driver is a fortuner. Yung accord, malabo nang nakawin. Low resale/demand because of low fc.

6. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by turboride View Post
    thanks boss. Somehow feeling ko my sis had it since forever. Pero it was the first model of jazz that came out. How much does the 96 to 98 bmw 318 cost? How much more does a part cost from a japanese part. Say, ac compress.
    Hmm~ that's pretty hard to say since parts cost vary also from brand to brand. Say a Honda part would generally be more expensive than a Toyota or Mitsubishi part. As for the 316i, it costs approximately 300-400k. Really not worth it, IMO.

bmw 316i 98 vs honda jazz 2000