New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    May 2010
    I was just sipping up some coffee and thought about putting up this thread.

Two days ago, My uncle went for a vacation for a week at some place i don't really care to know. He asked me if he can leave his 2001 Mitsubishi Pajero FieldMaster 4x4 M/T to me. he also asked me to wash, clean, detail and protect it too. i said yes, i pity the old man eh, ayaw mag Park and Fly.

So when i parked it beside my Ranger. Then i thought about the Everest being a SUV like the FM.

Then i wondered, what would happen if you put the 1st gen Everest (a worthy opponent kase non-CRDi) against a Fieldmaster in an Off Road battle (Both having Mud Terrain tires) and a Drag Race both will be all-stock from the factory even the tires.

Which will out perform the other?

PS: let's forget all about the Pajero's reputation about its presence muna.

2. Join Date
    May 2010

3. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    If I remember right, the turbo 2.8 of the Pajero is better than the Everest's 2.5 turbo. Been a long time since I've driven either. The Pajero should be better off-road and has more aftermarket, but I don't know about stock to stock... stock Everest tires aren't really as aggressive as the tires the Pajero came on, so that test should go to the Pajero, too. Then you consider the switchable suspension (does his have it?) and it should be no contest.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

4. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by SiRbossR View Post
    I was just sipping up some coffee and thought about putting up this thread.

Two days ago, My uncle went for a vacation for a week at some place i don't really care to know. He asked me if he can leave his 2001 Mitsubishi Pajero FieldMaster 4x4 M/T to me. he also asked me to wash, clean, detail and protect it too. i said yes, i pity the old man eh, ayaw mag Park and Fly.

So when i parked it beside my Ranger. Then i thought about the Everest being a SUV like the FM.

Then i wondered, what would happen if you put the 1st gen Everest (a worthy opponent kase non-CRDi) against a Fieldmaster in an Off Road battle (Both having Mud Terrain tires) and a Drag Race both will be all-stock from the factory even the tires.

Which will out perform the other?

PS: let's forget all about the Pajero's reputation about its presence muna.
    My brother-in-law has a Ranger XLT 4x4 2.5 non-CRDi. We went to a long out-of-town trip and I brought the Pajero gen 2 (whihc is kinda like the FM). Yun nga lang A/T sa akin, M/T sa kanya. Drag race iwan ako but top speed panalo Paj. Cornering the SMH setting held its ground, sarap gamitin!

Off-roading siya medyo mas matagal dun sa muddy and big rocks, yung pajee ko mas madali nakaalis at na-overtake ko pa nga siya. Mas ok tingin ko FM vs. the everest na WLT.
    Fasten your seatbelt! Or else... Driven To Thrill!

5. Join Date
    May 2010
    Ganda nga ng FM idrive. soooooooooo smoooooth. I really wanna see them together off road.

6. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Well you happen to have them both at your garage right now... All you have to do is find another driver.

7. Join Date
    May 2010
    ^naaahhh. i don't have the time, tito will be back tom aft. maybe some people at some off road clubs will do something fun between this two. hehe

8. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by SiRbossR View Post
    ^naaahhh. i don't have the time, tito will be back tom aft. maybe some people at some off road clubs will do something fun between this two. hehe
    Next time if ever we go offroading again I'll take some pics and vid's.
    Fasten your seatbelt! Or else... Driven To Thrill!

The better off roader: FM or Everest?