New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    [SIZE=3]I am a newbie in cars and I am planning to buy a pre-owned car, my budget ranges from 200-250k. My preferred car was Honda civic especially with vtec engine but I cannot find a good one that satisfies my dream car. I already look for several Honda civic but there are minor problem within that cars, some have engine problem and some have bumps, I consulted with my colleagues and they said that I should not rush to seek for a better one but when I saw the Mitsubishi lancer MX, I was amazed of its features but it cost more than my budget. And now, I am comparing the one I’ve seen already, a 1999 Honda civic vtec engine that costs 245k while 2001 Mitsubishi Lancer MX that costs 300k, should I go with my dream car or go with the lancer that has good condition but it needs additional budget. Is the 2001 Lancer MX really costs much or it is already okay? Which is better, a Honda civic or Mitsubishi lancer MX?[/SIZE]

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    imho. mas masarap magmaneho ng invecs II.... hehehehe.

sa akin lang, i would go for the newer car. although if re-sale and power is important to you, the civic will be ok because of its higher resale value and more powerful engine.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    bro sa budget mo na yan madami kana mahahanap.hanapin mo yung 96-99 model.kung makatsamba ka.SiR body kunin mo...maporma yun, lalo na kung nabihisan. bro, mas masarap magkaroon ng civic..kahit medyo may edad na ang civic, dami parin potential para gumanda ulit. power, looks, and lastly TIMELESS....kaya ilove my EGcivic.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    6 years ago i bought a 2002 lancer mx, and i was glad i saw it before i was about to put a down payment on an civic. or an altis. things that were options in the civic were standard in the mx. 99 civic has rear drum brakes, mx has 4 wheel disks. leather seats na ang 2001/2002 mx, black pa lang lang nga and not the present biege sa bagong mx. invecs ii tranny din.

kung ako sa iyo yung mas bagong 2001 mx na lang kesa sa 99 na civic. di ka magsisisi.

5. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    get the honda. its the one you want. youll be happier with it :D

6. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    A VTi is a very good car, but you have to check very carefully for rust on the roof.

Whichever car you get, make sure it's in good condition. That means the engine revs smoothly, the transmission isn't noisy or jerky, and the suspension is relatively quiet. It's a given that you'll have to spend a little more money to maintain a secondhand car, but you want to make sure that your first set of repairs won't happen for a long time.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

7. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Honda civic bro.. mas maganda sya at madami k naman mahahanap na maganda pa.. pero nasa sau pa rin ang desisyon kung anu gust2 moh..

8. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    go for honda bro, isipin mo wala pang taxi na honda di ka pa mahuhuli sa porma...pero sa huli nasa iyo din yan.. but remember, Honda.....Timeless..

9. Join Date
    May 2007
    before i have 96 lancer glxi a/t, now i have 07 honda civic 1.8s still i missed my lancer. it served me well and maganda ang performance.

as saying goes first love never dies and in your case your first love seemed the honda.

10. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    go for honda, mas magandang ayusan.. ganda din tumakbo.. sa mga kotse na ginagamit ko yung honda civic ang favorite ko..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Which is better, a honda civic or lancer MX?