New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    When can we expect 2009 Civic?....What period does Honda usually unveils their new models? i.e. Civic, City...

Yes the airbags...that's the reason I am considering the City...

How's the maintenance cost or your FD *tidus?
    Last edited by blueguy; March 21st, 2008 at 09:36 AM. Reason: year

2. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by tidus1203 View Post
    Promise I am not being biased (since I own the Civic FD) by saying the Civic is still better than the 10th gen Corolla. Although one can argue that the Altis looks better than the Civic since its a matter of taste but no one can argue that the Civic has better value for money based on its specs. For example the Civic has 1.8L and 2.0L engine while an Altis has 1.6L and 1.8L. For the A/T versions the Corolla has only 4 speed while the Civic has 5 speed which is a boost to fuel consumption since you can run a certain speed while revving the engine less. The Corolla's rear brakes are still drums, while the Civic's rear brakes is already discs. The Corolla is heavier than the Civic, and since the Corolla has a smaller engine carrying a heavier body weight it has a lower power/weight ratio and that means higher fuel consumption. The Corolla's advantage though is even the low-end Corolla has at least a drivers side airbags while the Civic low end has no airbags at all....

Of course those are the numbers and in theory, 1st hand experience is still the best....
    Bro owner din ako ng 9th Gen corolla altis pero i agree with you ..
    Civic ka na ! mas maganda looks than city pero walang airbag ..

ipon ka nalang konti then go for the 1.8 S ..

3. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by blueguy View Post
    When can we expect 2009 Civic?....What period does Honda usually unveils their new models? i.e. Civic, City...

Yes the airbags...that's the reason I am considering the City...

How's the maintenance cost or your FD *tidus?
    They might make a facelifted Civic next year, but also anticipate a raise in price so pag ako sayo bumili ka na. Buti nga ako I got the 2007 model since may stock pa sila ng 2007 model but they were already selling the 2008 model when I was buying back in February; since laki ng itinaas ng price ng 2008 model over the 2007 model. Sure the 2008 had some extra features but I rather have the money than the extra features...

Sa ibang bansa lumabas na yung bagong Fit/Jazz, so a new City should be around the corner to. I am just not sure when exactly.

Maintenance? Dunno since bago pa lang Civic ko February ko lang nakuha. Pero it should be at par naman with previous Civic's so I wouldn't be worried too much...

4. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Wala ngang airbags....hmmmmmm

5. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Sa ibang bansa lumabas na yung bagong Fit/Jazz, so a new City should be around the corner to. I am just not sure when exactly.
    Expect this in two years, if the delay between the original Fit/Jazz and the Fit Aria/City is any indication. The Fit/Jazz was the original chassis; the Fit Aria/City sedan was made out of it. FYI

6. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    If you were to choose between 1.8V and 1.8S? san ka?

7. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    1.8S syempre mas feature pack yun.... Pero ako 1.8V parin kinuha ko for some reason

8. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by blueguy View Post
    If you were to choose between 1.8V and 1.8S? san ka?
    no contest na yan if budget is not a factor... ill go for the 1.8S in a heart beat... may air bag, fog lamps.

9. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by archie123456789 View Post
    no contest na yan if budget is not a factor... ill go for the 1.8S in a heart beat... may air bag, fog lamps.
    Yes price difference is just Php 50,000.00.... gotta call "PARENTS FOUNDATION" na...

10. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by tidus1203 View Post
    1.8S syempre mas feature pack yun.... Pero ako 1.8V parin kinuha ko for some reason

please share your reason.... tnx

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Which is better Honda City 1.5V CVT or Civic 1.8V AT?