New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by StockEngine View Post
    compacts are a dying breed...

mostly because of good choices in the subcompact range, honda city, diesel accents, vios.

people who graduate from subcompacts will appreciate compacts and maybe leap into the cuv/suc/ppv market

i have an elantra and im ready for a class above compact

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tsikot Forums mobile app
    This is the reality in the local car market but it is not a global trend. There are still bigger markets where compacts and midsize cars are the leaders in sales but in the case of North America, capable CUVs are eating up the sales of both categories.

It would have been great for Hyundai-PH to have brought here the Elantra Sport with the 1.6L turbo engine (same as the Veloster) but they opted for the safer yet boring option of a 1.6L NA engine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    Kahit anong engine ilagay nila sa Elantra, it won't sell because it's a Hyundai.

They had their chance with the prev gen Elantra. Many bought, many were no longer repeat customers.

Even the Accent with its vastly superior engine cannot outsell the more pedestrian City and Vios.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
    An even sadder reality for Hyundai. If only the local dealers work on improving their aftermarket services, maybe it would turn things around for them.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    even pdi didnt include the compacts in their poll

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tsikot Forums mobile app

4. Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Between Ford Focus at Sylphy alin po ba ang mas comfortable na second row seat?planning to buy din po kasi my first car,family car, comfortable po ang priority,iitatanong ko na din po ang fuel consumption ng Focus baka may idea po kayo kasi sya talaga ang gusto ko kahit s picture ko palang nakikita.
    Salamat po at Salamat sa Dios

5. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Feder View Post
    Between Ford Focus at Sylphy alin po ba ang mas comfortable na second row seat?planning to buy din po kasi my first car,family car, comfortable po ang priority,iitatanong ko na din po ang fuel consumption ng Focus baka may idea po kayo kasi sya talaga ang gusto ko kahit s picture ko palang nakikita.
    Salamat po at Salamat sa Dios
    Sylphy, definitely. Ang sikip ng Focus. Mas maluwag pa Jazz.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    Sylphy, definitely. Ang sikip ng Focus. Mas maluwag pa Jazz.

Salamat sir,sa picture lang pala maganda yung interior ng Fucos

7. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Same with Jut, the Sylphy is a better family car. It is big inside and comfortable. The Focus is more fit for yuppies or young couples with only a child or two.

The Focus is cramped on the rear, like the Mazda3. You have to be mindful of the accelerator if you want to be thrift on gas with the Focus. Ecoboost engines tend to spool early at low rpms when properly warmed. Constant spooling at low rpm is not friendly on gas. Average fuel consumption for city driving is around 6-7 km/L, as per my friend who owns one.

Last edited by Egan101; January 28th, 2018 at 05:55 PM.

8. Join Date
    Jul 2016
    No sure, pero focus is CBU from US, same with explorer, mustang and exped.

Matutuwa si minicarph since sosyal, di ba? Lol

9. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    The Elantra is not a bad car... maybe lacking in some sound insulation compared to more expensive cars in the class, but perfectly competent.

And perfectly forgettable.

The Sylphy has much more space than almost anything else out there, but it doesn't have much else going for it.

The Ford Focus is CRAMPED. But it is fantastic to drive. And that turbocharged 185 hp engine is good for some laughs. Better yet, the new six speed automatic is much less problematic than the old DCT.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

10. Join Date
    Apr 2010
    I am one of the few who bought elantra last year, and I'm happy with it. I got the old GLS model because of a huge discount. I also like the long warranty and that I can bring my own orig parts in some of their casas.

I think the NVH of the new elantra has improved. I was wary of the rear suspension being torsion beam unlike Civic, Focus, Mazda3 but when I test drove it I liked the acceleration, ride and the sound insulation better than some of the cars I tried. Anyway I will not be cornering very fast. Watch Alex on Auto on youtube for comparison.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast