New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2017
    I wonder which is the best... do we have a diamond in the rough here?

2. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Why would you even say "worst" if you want to buy one of these vehicles? it's rather unusual.

With your choices, I'd go with the Elantra. Reliable engine and transmission and very good NVH. 1.6 is frugal.
    Its got a generous 150k discount as mentioned here in the forums.

I would get the Civic though if compacts are your target.

or wait for the new Kia Forte/Cerato.

or wait even longer for the upcoming 2019 Toyota Corolla Altis and 2019 Ford Focus

3. Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Probably naka base sya sa car sales data. Halos wala kasi bumibili dun sa 3 choices nya.

Is ford focus still being offered here?

4. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Ford-PH announced no price increase for all models of the Fiesta and Focus. They were even offering a 150k discount on the Focus.

Among the three, I would get the Focus. That 1.5L turbo engine is just a hoot to drive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Diba Fiesta ang naka 1.5? The Focus entry level has a 1.8 engine if im not mistaken.

If it were me though, i’d pick the elantra.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by benchph1 View Post
    Diba Fiesta ang naka 1.5? The Focus entry level has a 1.8 engine if im not mistaken.

If it were me though, i’d pick the elantra.

The Fiesta is offered with the lower powered 1.5L NA engine or the more powerful 1.0L Ecoboost engine. The Focus only comes with the 1.5L Ecoboost engine (180hp/240Nm).

That Ford 1.8L engine was used on the Focus three generations ago.

Last edited by Egan101; January 28th, 2018 at 11:18 AM.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Here’s my thoughts on these choices.

If you want a comfortable ride and you prefer more of a relaxed approach to driving, go get the Sylphy. It is very similar to dimensions and ride as the Altis. Less discounts, the 1.8V model is a good buy for just over 900k.

If you want a sporty ride (something quick, fast, and athletic), go get the Focus. It is out there among the quickest and best handling compacts available like the Civic RS, Golf 1.4T, and Mazda3 2.0L. Less discounts, it is the sportiest ride you can buy for 1M.

I can’t say much about the new Elantra but the ones I have seen in the malls look bare. The previous generation 1.8L GLS model looks much better and with a more powerful engine.

8. Join Date
    May 2006
    I'll get the Elantra any day.

9. Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by StockEngine View Post
    Why would you even say "worst" if you want to buy one of these vehicles? it's rather unusual.

With your choices, I'd go with the Elantra. Reliable engine and transmission and very good NVH. 1.6 is frugal.
    Its got a generous 150k discount as mentioned here in the forums.

I would get the Civic though if compacts are your target.

or wait for the new Kia Forte/Cerato.

or wait even longer for the upcoming 2019 Toyota Corolla Altis and 2019 Ford Focus
    I'm not looking into buying them. As I said, I'm just wondering what's the opinion of others on them.

Quote Originally Posted by chronicle View Post
    Probably naka base sya sa car sales data. Halos wala kasi bumibili dun sa 3 choices nya.

Is ford focus still being offered here?
    Correct with car sales data as well as a slew of some other metrics like reliability and value for money etc...

10. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    compacts are a dying breed...

mostly because of good choices in the subcompact range, honda city, diesel accents, vios.

people who graduate from subcompacts will appreciate compacts and maybe leap into the cuv/suc/ppv market

i have an elantra and im ready for a class above compact

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tsikot Forums mobile app

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast