New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Survey lang po.

Anu po the best van out there na pwede ipampasada sa mga shuttle? Tapos, pag off-peak, pwede ipangkargada ng heavy materials.

Must be really durable, and fuel efficient.

Pang negosyo po yung van, so hanggat maaari, cheaper is better. Can be second hand, but we can afford brand new. I actually think brand new is better.

Eto lang po yung napapansin kong ginagamit pampasada:
    -Mitsubishi L300(Yung box)
    -Nissan Urvan
    -Hyundai Grace

May iba pa pong options, kaso di ko po alam lahat. Suggest lang po kayo and please indicate why it would be best and please compare it to others.

Many thanks.

2. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    What is your route? Does it involve climbing mountains or running long highways? You might want to consider AUVs like the Hyundai H100. Personally, I really like its interior, the dash certainly won't look out of place in a sedan. And the rear aircon vents stretch all the way to the back. I'm sure you can use that for pampasada, and it can fit more people and cargo too. Hell you can even fit both at the same time! As for vans, you might like the Hiace. Its the most modern among the lot, and its safer and faster to boot.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Sa panahon po ngayon, wala nang brand new na Hyundai Grace. 80% po sa kanila ay surplus kaya po swertehan lang ang pagbili.

Kung yung L300 na FB po yung tinutukoy niyo, beterano na ito.

Kung Nissan Urvan po, either yung 18-seater or 21-seater na ang kunin niyo kung cargo & people loader ang priority niyo.

Other worthy choices are Toyota Hi-ace Commuter, Toyota Hi-lux FX, Hyundai H100, Isuzu IPV, Isuzu NHR-PV, Kia K2700.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Route would be from Marikina to Ortigas. Minsan traffic, pero umaga at gabi lang naman siguro ang byahe as pampasahero. Hindi masyado sa climbing at off-road. Pero kaylangan ng power and torque kasi pangdeliver. Magagamit din po sa long highways like NLEX.

Paki indicate narin po pros and cons ng mga suggestions niyo.

Already seen K2700, its really big and nice, I just don't know of its performance and reliability. Urvan, karamihan eto napapansin ko sa mga byaheng pampasahero(like sa GT express). Isuzu seems super reliable. H100 looks good, I really like Hyundai, but I've never seen one.

Many thanks.

5. Join Date
    Sep 2008
    We have isuzu ipv with 300,000 on its odo and still running smoothly, we used to use it for shuttle service here in laguna, used to carry it with tiles This is a sample of it with this load we climb uphill going to our farm at binangonan a 45-50 degree uphill, matarik talaga and kaya naman. , the new L300 FB is good, it's new body is i think longer by a bit from the old one.

The hyundai h100 is also a good one, it is bigger, more space for cargo and for people = more money.

6. Join Date
    May 2010
    for me. Nissan Urvan. Very Reliable and Easy-to-look for spare parts.. kahit anong karga kayang dalhin sa location na wlang problema.

7. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Of all the choices you mentioned, the Urvan is the most refined imho, though if you're gonna be hauling heavy, bulky materials, better check if the seats can be folded up to free up more space. Usually if the seats are forward facing, they don't fold up/down too much.

Most urvan configurations have forward facing seats, but at least one variant has seats facing each other and can be folded up.

The L300 has been around for over 3 decades now, so you know it's a proven van...though it's been well documented that the driver seat can get very hot, since the engine is under it. The H100 is supposed to be a derivative of the L300, and it's supposed to be more refined. Dunno, haven't owned any of these vans.

We all want a truly multi-purpose van, but some are just more inclined to hauling stuff(L300, H100) while others are best suited for people(Urvan)..i guess you have to consider which of the two you will be hauling most of the time B)
    Last edited by badkuk; October 18th, 2010 at 11:09 PM.

8. Join Date
    May 2010
    kung pang hauling ang gusto mo. better go for isuzu units.

9. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Please take into consideration the price to purchase and maintain the vehicle, without sacrificing reliability, as this will be used for business and servicing people.

As of now, I'm kinda interested on Urvan and H100.

10. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by ledifni View Post
    Please take into consideration the price to purchase and maintain the vehicle, without sacrificing reliability, as this will be used for business and servicing people.

As of now, I'm kinda interested on Urvan and H100.
    Kung ganyang types ang needs niyo, May Toyota option diyan which is Hi-Lux FX.

I also have a friend na kumuha ng Isuzu NHR-PV, ito yung kasing laki na ng Elf ang body at nali-lift na yung driver's cabin para masilip yung makina unlike the L300 na directly nasa ilalim ng upuan yung makina. Business ang primary reason, nagdedeliver kasi sila ng libro. 21-seat set-up din ata ito.

Kung Nissan Urvan, it's the 21-seat set-up that you need.

isa-isahin niyo po ang mga casa at i-test drive niyo ang mga units at pumunta kayo sa at least dalawang casa ng isang brand (for example, dalawang dealer ng Nissan) kasi pwedeng mabigyan kayo ng lower discount ng isang ahente sa kabilang dealer. Just a tip lang po. Minsan po kasi may offer ang isang dealer na wala ang isang dealer.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Best Utility Van(Pampasahero/Kargada)