New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    if you are already considering the Rav4... might as well look at the Mitsubishi Grandis to properly seat 7 people.

2. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    onga. parang masikip ang 5 seater sa 7 na katao. ang disadvantage lang siguro ng innova or grandis e lack of cargo space sa likod. baka dapat full size van na yan...or keep the revo. but among the 3, Rav4.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Based on your shortlist, I would recommend the CRV because its got the most space. The RAV4 is a very expensive choice (even for the 4x2 variant), parang hindi bagay for family use.

You could also consider an MPV like the Innova. Or if you've got the budget, the Mitsubishi Grandis.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    CRV is definitely out of the question. how can you fit your family in a CRV??? nor xtrail? the only logical choices would be rav4 '06, grandis, innova, fortuner. di ba?

5. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    parang mas spacious pa yan revo mo kaysa sa mga CUVs ngaun.

why not a minivan? chevy venture? yun nga lang baka mapagalitan ako ng mga tsikoteer's dito regarding mbt's venture hehehe

kidding aside, sobra luwag nito sa loob bro, when we travelled from manila to subic (6 people + 1 dog), nakinabang ng husto yun pet dog namin kasi para lang sya naglalakad sa kuwarto hehehe

grandis is ok but para sakin masikip pa din sya, it's more of a car than a mini-van.

kung mag-innova ka naman parang nothing new nga lang. same banana revo to innova.

why not wait for the zinger?

6. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Oo nga naman, why not the fortuner? Ah, baka may pila pa... How about the Montero?

7. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    the fortuner for a family car? tingin ko dito pang-bachelor type, maliit din naman sa loob ito. unless you like your kids to jump most of the time while disembarking from the car, puwede siguro

8. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Ah, I always thought the Fortuner was kinda mid-sized. Like a jacked-up Innova. Oh well, I guess now I know why not a Fortuner...

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    they're right... for 7 persons, a minivan or largish SUV would be your best bet. the RAV4 is now a whopper and is as large as a midsize SUV, but it won't swallow 7 persons.

Between the RAV4, X-Trail and CR-V, the new RAV4 would be yor best bet. Smart and stylish and the quality is superb. THe CR-V gets everything right and is damn well-built, but it feels nothing special.

At the same price, you should be looking at a Fortuner 2.7, a Grandis, or a minivan like the Venture, as oldblue suggests. other choices would include the Everest and Alterra. The Innova and Suzuzi APV bring up the bargain-end of the list.

the Fortuner is a real-deal truck, so it's slower, clumsier and heavier to drive than the others. Fuel economy should be poorer. Resale value should be top-notch. Ride shoudl be rougher. But it's swanky and stylish and rides tall and you'll look good driving it.

The Grandis is a great thing: oozing with style inside and out (can't say the same for the Fortuner), high quality, good engine, carlike to drive. Downside is that interior space is less compared to the others, and resale value is bound to be less than some of the other options.

The Venture is a supremely comfortable highway cruiser, quiet and with a pillowy smooth ride that the others would never give you. Interior space is truly long-wheelbase minivan big, too. Fuel economy is reasonably good considering the 3.0-liter V6. Downsides (and rather significant downsides) are poor reliability in my experience (maybe your mileage will vary), poor quality, ancient design (the Venture was new way back in 1997), expensive parts, inadequate air-conditioning, poor resale value and poor dealer service. Mostly from experience, btu I wouldn't gamble if I were you.

The Everest plays second-fiddle to the Fortuner. It's a farm tractor by comparison. Great off-road though. Low price.

The Alterra is less handsome and less practical interpretation of the Fortuner concept. Translation: it too, plays second fiddle to the Fortuner, and worse, there's no price advantage here unlike with the Everest.

The APV is a cheap thing from Suzuki and clearly isn't in the same class as a Grandis or even an Innova. It's cheap and hollow and tinny and is propelled with a small gas engine. On the other hand, it's inexpensive and it's HUGE inside even compared to a Venture! Easy to maneuver. Will seat 8 persons comfortably, more so than any of the others. Resale value is bound to be poor.

The Innova is an unbeatable value. Good space, presentable styling, nice interior for the price, choice of gas or diesel power, truck-tough underpinnings without the truck-tough ride. But it's basic and won't give you the emotional satisfaction other choices may. Everyone has one. Gets the job done but nothing special.

10. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    AFAIK, the USDM RAV 4 offers optional third row seating, but I suspect it will still be cramped despite the car growing in size.

For your family, I'd initially recommend the Fortuner, but your kids might already be in high school before you get your unit. The Grandis is also very nice, but its price is too much for a minivan. Another alternative will be the new Hyundai Santa Fe. There's a 2.7-liter gas and a 2.2-liter CRDi diesel, and I reckon it has a third bench to seat seven all in all. Prices are within the 1.5M range, which makes this a worthy alternative to the Fortuner. One more vehicle to consider is the Isuzu Alterra. Apart from the sloppy design, it's definitely a worthy SUV. Its diesel engine is great and the ride is acceptable enough. I'm pretty sure it would have eaten a huge chunk off the Fortuner's sales had it only looked nicer.
    Last edited by squala; April 13th, 2006 at 04:06 PM.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Best SUV ,,RAV4, CRV,X-trail...