New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by ronw123w124 View Post
    We had a 1995 Hiace Commuter back in the day, it lasted us about 10years and a little more than 100,000km mileage and its still one of the best van we ever owned, the only thing that broke down I remeber is the A/C cooling coil on the 7th year. Eto lang ang van na nagamit ko na hindi mainit ang singaw ng makina sa drivers seat kahit medyo luma na. We only sold it because we wanted an A/T van at that time and it was replaced by a Starex GRX TCI which was also trouble free
    thanks sir ronw123w124, you have a good experience with your Hiace Commuter and a little or trouble free van that last for years i already saw and browse several vehicle like this & seems good price pa din cya for less than 300k...

for the Starex, i have 2006 GRX CRDI that serves me for 8 years before it broke down, actually on the 6th year she already show signs of emitting black smoke on the tailpipe & oil in the dipstick but i disregard it knowing it can repaired for top overhauling only...good for initial years of use but medyo pricey ang maintenance aside from labor na when the mechanic ask what is the engine mahal agad ang service charge saying complicated ang engine and all sorts of alibis para lang magprice ng mataas na labor...anyway i heard maganda feedback sa TCI altho underpowered but its not its purpose we want her but the utilization is our main concern, good choice for your family sir ron...

2. Join Date
    Oct 2015
    you can't go wrong with a toyota (honest fanboy statement)
    if tight talaga budget, last version diesel toyota revo is still good.

nissan medyo mahal parts in the long run

3. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    sir armscor, for me since you already have a grx starex, you might want to try the second gen tci model. yes aminado nman na medyo mahal talaga price for maintenance for that engine pero based on my experience, mas mura for the tci model. for comparison, we also have a 2005 toyota super grandia local and mahal din parts nya yun lang matibay talaga at tumatagal.

4. Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by mateomarco View Post
    sir armscor, for me since you already have a grx starex, you might want to try the second gen tci model. yes aminado nman na medyo mahal talaga price for maintenance for that engine pero based on my experience, mas mura for the tci model. for comparison, we also have a 2005 toyota super grandia local and mahal din parts nya yun lang matibay talaga at tumatagal.
    sir mateomarco thanks for our bros in TeamHyundaiPhils which i happen to be a (inactive) member, for the group is willing to share their knowledge & experiences on their beloved starexes that is why i was able to take good care of my jumbo, kudos to the group sir...

and this time if not hyundai tci, i'm thinking of trying other brands for my choices...and sir mateo if i'm not mistaken wala yata under sa price range ko ang tci???

so it boils down to nissan escapade OR toyota commuter

thanks also sir pj sinohin but revo is not the vehicle type i'm looking for...

5. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by armscor40 View Post
    sir mateomarco thanks for our bros in TeamHyundaiPhils which i happen to be a (inactive) member, for the group is willing to share their knowledge & experiences on their beloved starexes that is why i was able to take good care of my jumbo, kudos to the group sir...

and this time if not hyundai tci, i'm thinking of trying other brands for my choices...and sir mateo if i'm not mistaken wala yata under sa price range ko ang tci???

so it boils down to nissan escapade OR toyota commuter

thanks also sir pj sinohin but revo is not the vehicle type i'm looking for...
    Yes sir. we are grateful to the forever helpful gurus in the forum. Be an active member sir! Im sure they whey want to learn from you as well.

BTT: you can definetly buy a tci model for that price. first gen starex are priced at around 250k while second gen are priced at 300k on an average. try to visit olx.

6. Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by mateomarco View Post
    Yes sir. we are grateful to the forever helpful gurus in the forum. Be an active member sir! Im sure they whey want to learn from you as well.

BTT: you can definetly buy a tci model for that price. first gen starex are priced at around 250k while second gen are priced at 300k on an average. try to visit olx.
    i'll try sir mateo once in a while lang po kasi ako online... kaya shifting from THP to tsikot & vice versa ang diskarte ko hehehe...the more the merrier, the more the wider ang scope of learning derived from our ever helpful bros...

my mistake sir i didnt know na considered pala na tci ang svx and millenium model hehehe

eventho maganda experience ko w/ my starex i also wanted to try other brands i've mentioned kaya inform ko kayo once we make the decision and the subsequent purchase...thanks sir mateo

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12