New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by redorange
    How often do you go on a 16+ hour road trip? If I was going on something that long I would get a rental and abuse that instead of my own vehicle. But for everyday use I would take my Xterra or GSR. The X is big enough for when I need to have passengers and the GSR is for when I want to save some gas.
    16 hours would be the norm from southern Arizona to northern Nevada and way too often for my tastes. But since we're talking about comfort from a driver's position, I stand by the captains's chair for sheer comfort whether going up north to Reno or nearby to the local Olive Garden. For passengers, it's no contest. Most of my nieces and nephews prefer a minivan to their SUV (Durango).

2. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    for me,.... of course a VAN,. pang-everday, pang-pamilya, barkada, pang-baha din since mataas sila,.. diesel SUV will do too! :D

3. Join Date
    Jul 2005
    At 16 hours, the cost of comfort, gas, and miles on one's vehicle starts to catch up the price of a simple plane ticket.

4. Join Date
    May 2006
    Bakit Gas mas comfort kaysa diesel?

5. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    In the US there isn't much diesel vehicles for sale unless you want to drive a F-350. Also, by gas I think he means fuel in general.

6. Join Date
    Jul 2005
    It's actually just CA that's strict with deisel. I believe private parties cannot own diesel vehicles here. Everywhere else, it's strict, but possible to own one.

7. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Well alot of other states have adopted the CARB standards so that's why they dont sell alot of it. Diesel is still available for the 3/4 ton pick up trucks but because of the new diesel fuel mandated for 2007 in the US certain models will lose their diesel option.

DC will wait for the bluetec diesel engine to be available in the Liberty 2008 before coming out with it in other models. Engine makers are trying to meet the new requirements for low sulfur diesel fuel known as S15(ULSD) which requires that the fuel only have 15ppm of sulfur from the previous 500ppm and 5000ppm. Because of the low sulfur in the fuel automakers need to redesign fuel systems for diesel vehicles and petroleum companies need to put additives in the fuel to help with lubricity and inhibit corrosion and make changes to their refineries.

Cali does allow private parties to own diesel vehicles I see enough where I live.

8. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Naku best madami eh combined dream car na rin yun..
    AE86 Trueno full race for drifting
    EK9 Civic full race for drag
    EVO 9 for circuit racing
    Starlet for slalom
    Ek3 civic for everyday car

9. Join Date
    May 2005
    Perfect car for me would be M5 anytime! When I am able to get one I'd probably keep it forever! Looks palang oooh I get climax... I say curses when I see one, sick sick car!!! Best thing bout it is that my wife and I love it My honda civic is perfect for everyday driving 20-95 mph (damn street cameras!). I love everything 'bout it.

10. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    ako...solve na ako sa 3rd gen pajero for daily drive and outlander turbo for fun days. :D

and an evo and STi as well :D

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Best Ride For You....