New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by maytimaws View Post
    I like the Vitara look. I had an old Sportage and it has the same feel.

How about the parts? TIA!
    I too like the Vitara specially with the semi-off road upgrade. Astig ang dating at hindi gaano mukhang outdated.
    Better backread the Suzuki Vitara thread for parts and stuffs.

2. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    i find the vitara... un-inspiring.

3. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    A relative of ours has a Vitara. Mumog de gasolina rin, especially the AT. On road performance is poor as can be expected from a traditional SUV with a 95hp engine... Excellent pick if you'll be thrashing it in the provinces though. Wading depth is also very, very good. Hood level is no problem, unlike softroaders that stall not much further off from sedans due to an equally low-placed air intake. Interior is nothing to write home about though I do find the front bucket seats to be very comfortable indeed.

The SX8 City is a good pick, though it is a tad cheap-looking. I've driven the 1.3MT and it is surprisingly quick, with a great sounding engine note to boot. Handling is great too. A true Honda in terms of performance. FC is pretty good, considering the way I thrashed it and was still able to give me around 9km/L city.

In your situation, I don't think FC is that big of a consideration since you will only be driving it once a week. Might as well get a more powerful car that you can enjoy as well. A low mileage midsize sedan is pretty good coding/weekend car in my books. Perhaps a 6th gen Accord 2.0M/T? Cefiro's are worth considering too.

4. Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Puede din Corolla Lovelife. Mas maraming parts at relatively hindi matakaw.

5. Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Thanks Guys for all your inputs.

After a long haul of considerations, I bought a Galant VR V6.

Thanks to Sir Niky for his "previous inputs" on the VR V6 in other threads.

I love the ride, the space, the power. Suspension-wise, I already made the "necessary" check-up with Cruven which will subdue me some bucks for the following:

1. Ball Joints
    2. Stabilizer Link
    3. Shocks Bushings

Other than that, all needs would be prosthetic already.

An oh, I've got the plate ending that I want.

Again, thanks again guys for your inputs!

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Thanks Guys for all your inputs.

After a long haul of considerations, I bought a Galant VR V6.

Thanks to Sir Niky for his "previous inputs" on the VR V6 in other threads.

I love the ride, the space, the power. Suspension-wise, I already made the "necessary" check-up with Cruven which will subdue me some bucks for the following:

1. Ball Joints
    2. Stabilizer Link
    3. Shocks Bushings

Other than that, all needs would be prosthetic already.

An oh, I've got the plate ending that I want.

Again, thanks again guys for your inputs!

6. Join Date
    Mar 2012
    That was one of my dream cars back in the nineties

7. Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Congrats sir! The Galant is a very good car. But be warned a good car comes with more expensive maintenance and very expensive registration. Lto registration is around 6k for the VR V6 with 6A12 engine.

8. Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Nice choice. Its sister Lancer GLXi is also good.

9. Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Last registration's MVUC was only P 2,400. I think 4k would be my registration setback. And yes, engine is 6A12.

On another matter, what I've got has GT Turismo mags. I'm not a JDM-type and as mentioned, this might be used for some business meetings.

I'm thinking of going back to stock or find a "Euro-look", plain and clean-looking mags.

What do you think guys?

10. Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by maytimaws View Post
    Last registration's MVUC was only P 2,400. I think 4k would be my registration setback. And yes, engine is 6A12.

On another matter, what I've got has GT Turismo mags. I'm not a JDM-type and as mentioned, this might be used for some business meetings.

I'm thinking of going back to stock or find a "Euro-look", plain and clean-looking mags.

What do you think guys?
    Lucky you, sir. That unit must have been encoded in the LTO system with the rate of its 4 cylinder brother - the super saloon. We used to own a Galant VR V6 with the 6A12 engine for 8 years. We paid nearly 6k each year for the registration. If you can track down the OEM 6 spoke magwheels that will be great.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast