New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Quote Originally Posted by maytimaws View Post
    Thanks for your input, Sir!

However, I'm also buying a house in Nuvali. I need to leave around 5:00am to reach our Makati or The Fort office around 6:00am. If I'll leave at 5:30, I'll get stuck at the Magallanes hell-of-a-traffic, and will be caught.

That's like killing myself once a week.

I'm an Uber and Grab user myself. They won't bring me home in Nuvali though.

How about a 2000 Nissan Sentra Exalta STA?

kelan ba "binili" (?) ng taiwan firm...? get the models before the buy-out.. those were japan...
    although i find the exalta quite handsome..

suggestion... when you go shopping for a used car, get one whose previous owner was "small". para hindi lundo ang driver's seat..
    Last edited by dr. d; May 11th, 2015 at 05:28 PM.

2. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Ano araw ng coding mo? Give me the 130k and then hatid sundo na lang kita sa araw na yun for 1 year. Di ka na lugi dun. May driver ka pa. Just kidding.
    I doubt na may makikita ka na auto with that amount na papasok sa requirement mo. Usually mga 90's na auto if maganda pagkaka maintain will still cost more than 150K. With that amount for sure kung makakakita ka na maganda pa inside and out, may defect na itinatago either sa engine or sa aircon.

If you really want to get another car for your coding days, use the amount as down payment then get a car loan from a bank na nagbebenta ng car na na-repo. your monthly amortization will be lesser and hindi masyado magiging mabigat para sayo.

Ano araw ng coding mo? Give me the 130k and then hatid sundo na lang kita sa araw na yun for 1 year. Di ka na lugi dun. May driver ka pa. Just kidding.
    I doubt na may makikita ka na auto with that amount na papasok sa requirement mo. Usually mga 90's na auto if maganda pagkaka maintain will still cost more than 150K. With that amount for sure kung makakakita ka na maganda pa inside and out, may defect na itinatago either sa engine or sa aircon.

If you really want to get another car for your coding days, use the amount as down payment then get a car loan from a bank na nagbebenta ng car na na-repo. your monthly amortization will be lesser and hindi masyado magiging mabigat para sayo.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by maytimaws View Post
    Thanks for your input, Sir!

However, I'm also buying a house in Nuvali. I need to leave around 5:00am to reach our Makati or The Fort office around 6:00am. If I'll leave at 5:30, I'll get stuck at the Magallanes hell-of-a-traffic, and will be caught.
    Park in Alabang, take the bus from there. While many of the previously free lots now cost money, there are still some free lots (*cough* McDo ATC) left.

Taiwanese. The first "Yulon" NIssans were the "Exaltas", 1999 to 2001 or thereabouts.

Electronics were more troublesome... lots of issues with power windows, alarms, wiring, and etcetera... back when the cars were just three or four years old. Ours had smoke coming out of the steering wheel intermittently for years. Could never get the issue diagnosed.

Guess what the wiring issues will be like now that the cars are FIFTEEN years old?

If you're getting an Exalta body, stick to the basics... the FE is very simple and mechanically robust... only a 1.3 liter engine, but gets the job done.

Otherwise, better to look for the best condition 98 EX Saloon your money can buy. But those are very old cars... so don't expect much, either.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

4. Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    Park in Alabang, take the bus from there. While many of the previously free lots now cost money, there are still some free lots (*cough* McDo ATC) left.
    Sir Niky san to?
    Jan din pumaparada kaopisina ko.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post

Taiwanese. The first "Yulon" NIssans were the "Exaltas", 1999 to 2001 or thereabouts.

Electronics were more troublesome... lots of issues with power windows, alarms, wiring, and etcetera... back when the cars were just three or four years old. Ours had smoke coming out of the steering wheel intermittently for years. Could never get the issue diagnosed.

Guess what the wiring issues will be like now that the cars are FIFTEEN years old?

If you're getting an Exalta body, stick to the basics... the FE is very simple and mechanically robust... only a 1.3 liter engine, but gets the job done.

Otherwise, better to look for the best condition 98 EX Saloon your money can buy. But those are very old cars... so don't expect much, either.
    Agree, park in alabang - ride the shuttle to ehem for free basta present mo free ID nila, then taxi is easier to find and taxi fare is cheaper sa may bandang terminal 3 to makati. Hihihi.

I had a 97ek, kung hindi ka magfofocus at magaallocate ng time itetenga ka talaga.

Hindi pa naman ako naitirik ng mga auto ko pero ung civic ko, talagang pinagaralan ko sistema para on the first sign of trouble madiagnose or marepair agad.

I even do a lot of "kalikot" myself. Kung imemekaniko mo - for sure, bibili ka na lang ng bago through loan.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Yup... owning an old car nowadays requires a lot of dedication... you spend just 130k up front... but give up every fourth weekend to go to Banawe to look for parts, and you have to spend a lot of your downtime fixing niggling problems that crop up.

Quote Originally Posted by dos2 View Post
    Sir Niky san to?
    Alabang Town Center, corner of Alabang Zapote Road and Madrigal Avenue... there's a McDonald's that's a separate building from the mall. Parking completely free, but you have to go early to get a spot. Then take the Jeepney back down to South Station and take the bus from there.

Used to be easier... Park at Festival mall then walk to the terminal... but Festival parking is getting expensive, and they don't open early. South Supermarket used to be free, but they're charging now, and they don't open till 8 am.

McDo is 24 hours.

Yup... owning an old car nowadays requires a lot of dedication... you spend just 130k up front... but give up every fourth weekend to go to Banawe to look for parts, and you have to spend a lot of your downtime fixing niggling problems that crop up.

Quote Originally Posted by dos2 View Post
    Sir Niky san to?
    Alabang Town Center, corner of Alabang Zapote Road and Madrigal Avenue... there's a McDonald's that's a separate building from the mall. Parking completely free, but you have to go early to get a spot. Then take the Jeepney back down to South Station and take the bus from there.

Used to be easier... Park at Festival mall then walk to the terminal... but Festival parking is getting expensive, and they don't open early. South Supermarket used to be free, but they're charging now, and they don't open till 8 am.

McDo is 24 hours.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

7. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    As the saying goes, the most expensive car is a cheap one.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Wow, ang yaman! looking for a second car (for coding purposes only) and buying a new house.

9. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Wow P175 daily toll

10. Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Kidding aside, at P130K for sure meron yang hanap mo. Baka nga higit pa sa expectation mo.
    The thing is, lucky you if you found it! =) And you will realize that only after binili mo na at nasubukan mo na.

I would consider the buyer of my toyota big body very lucky. He must be, because at P80K only, alagang alaga yon. New battery, new tires, new evaporator, new alternator.. etc. Konting hilamos lang talaga kulang dahil walang bulok at walang major dents. Never involved in major accident. First owner din kaya alam ko history ng sasakyan.

Considering buy and sell pa yung nakakuha non. Walang tawad tawad. Tiningnan nga lang at walang test drive test drive. Nag down agad ng P20K kay misis. So, yun pag uwi ko wala na ako nagawa... Kahit 11pm na ng gabi, binalikan at inantay talaga ako para makasigurado. Heheheh..

I miss that car. Napapanaginipan ko nga minsan. Hehehe.

I would not have sold that kung may paparkingan lang talaga ako...

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast