New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    Hyundai has just as awful aftersales as Ford. In fact, I have no problem with Ford except that they're expensive. And the upside is that some Ford dealers aren't expensive. I used to have my car serviced at Ford BGC and my 10k PMS was almost 11k. In Ford Makati, for my 20k PMS, I only spent 8k. And thats with 9L of FS oil already.
    +1 on this. Ford BGC and Alabang are not known to be friendly when it comes to pricing and service (not to mention some horror stories). Most Ford owners go to Manila Bay or Makati or Libis. Also, I find Ford's cas service is priced just about the same as Honda.

I once heard a co-worker complaining about the cost of maintenance for her petrol-powered Accent. HARI demands the car to have the mandatory 5k KM (3 months) change oil or they will void the warranty. Worse, HARI service requires synthetic oil and the usual bill is around 6k!

2. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by theblob View Post
    What's the reputation of Subaru?
    A member said that with Subaru, 5L of oil is free on 1k, 5k and 10k kms (PMS). That's a big discount already. See thread below.

http://tsikot.com/forums/engine-fuel.../index394.html

3. Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Nung Ondoy, we had 4 CUVs na nabaha. 06 CRV 2.0 M/T(2nd Gen), 04 Rav4 1.8 MT(2nd Gen), 2007 Subaru Forester 2.0 A/T(2nd Gen) and a brand new 2009 Mitsubishi Outlander GLX AT(2nd-gen).

Lahat sila hanggang dashboard nalubog. The Rav4, Suby and Outie died. Both cars from Toyota and Subaru took around 6 months before we got them back. Parehong palit Computer Box. The Outie got an outright replacement from our insurance. Yung CRV, pinatuyo lang namin, umandar na after. Actually it wasn't just the car na nabuhay just after Ondoy, but also our Civic EK and ES. Actually that incident made me appreciate Honda. Until now buhay pa rin yung 2nd-gen CRV and still going strong. Ang bingo sa amin na brand nung Ondoy was Toyota, since aside from my Rav4, tinamaan din yung Camry and Vios ng family ko, lahat yun deadball ang computer box.

4. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by sientobente View Post
    Nung Ondoy, we had 4 CUVs na nabaha. 06 CRV 2.0 M/T(2nd Gen), 04 Rav4 1.8 MT(2nd Gen), 2007 Subaru Forester 2.0 A/T(2nd Gen) and a brand new 2009 Mitsubishi Outlander GLX AT(2nd-gen).

Lahat sila hanggang dashboard nalubog. The Rav4, Suby and Outie died. Both cars from Toyota and Subaru took around 6 months before we got them back. Parehong palit Computer Box. The Outie got an outright replacement from our insurance. Yung CRV, pinatuyo lang namin, umandar na after. Actually it wasn't just the car na nabuhay just after Ondoy, but also our Civic EK and ES. Actually that incident made me appreciate Honda. Until now buhay pa rin yung 2nd-gen CRV and still going strong. Ang bingo sa amin na brand nung Ondoy was Toyota, since aside from my Rav4, tinamaan din yung Camry and Vios ng family ko, lahat yun deadball ang computer box.

Sir saan ba kayo nakatira? Nakakatakot naman sa lugar niyo pag baha.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Quote Originally Posted by sientobente View Post

5. Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by jonski View Post

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

The cars were located in 2 different places. One in a subdivision in Makati and the other one in Lower Antipolo. Ondoy really caught everyone off-guard. Di binabaha sa area namin. Infact after Ondoy, never na ulit kami binaha ng ganun. It's a tragedy we hope should never happen again.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2015
    OK I'll rephrase the question. Which crossover has the highest wading depth?
    Given all the negative feedback about EcoSport and Ford's after-sales service, would you guys get a cheaper, higher EcoSport or a lower and more expensive (but not as much negative feedback) Tucson?

I still can't find the wading depth of the HRV. With the EcoSport at 500mm, XV at 450mm and Tucson at 400mm, then factoring in after-sales service, I might have to settle for the XV or HRV.
    Get the XV. Or the HRV. Test drive both and feel which is more suited to you. Both are excellent choices.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    For about a million or so, I'd get the MUx M/T

8. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Looks like Honda doesn't publish their cars' wading depth. Takot sa lawsuit masyado....

9. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Ang Innova 176mm (IIRC) lang ang ground clearance pero pareho ang wading depth sa Forester which has around 40mm more ground clearance.

Easiest way to measure a car's chances of outright survival in flood is to look for the position of its air intake, since game over agad kung napasukan yan ng tubig. Diesels are also less susceptible to water as compared to gas engines due to their lack of spark plugs. So I'd go for the Sportage or Tucson CRDi which aside from being diesels, if I remember correctly, have their air intake at hood level.

I once saw a CX5 cross a flood in a low portion of East Avenue near Philippine Heart Center during a typhoon last year (forgot the name). Ang haba ng pila at mga bus lang ang may lakas na loob dumaan. Nagulat ako nung nakadaan siya, submerged ang buong bumper at umaapaw sa headlights. Kinaya naman.

10. Join Date
    Sep 2014
    For me kung panlaban sa baha. The entry level

Jimny
    Montero
    mUX
    l300FB

Our L300 was submerged up to the roof in Ondoy, up anf running pa din lol

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast