New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Is the Ground Clearance a good reference? Why do crossovers have the same GC as sedans (170mm)?

Looking at i20 Cross, Tucson, HRV, XV, CX5 and Ecosport.

Top priority is the height, second is the price.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    ^^^ What's your working budget? Not sure but I guess the Forester offers the best ground clearance with proven AWD capability among the compact and small crossovers. They even had a local event recently to highlight the offroad capability of the Forester.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    P1M to P1.3M

Won't be needing it for off-road. City driving lang mostly.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

P1M to P1.3M

4. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Ground clearance is just the length between the ground to the lowest point on the car body.

Instead of looking at ground clearance, you should be looking at the maximum wading depth / flood fording depth.

That said, the best flood forders in your immediate budget are those that are pickup trucks/pickup-based.

Hilux
    Fortuner
    Strada
    Montero
    Ranger
    Everest
    Navarra
    Dmax
    MUX
    Colorado
    Trailblazer
    etc etc

5. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Wala bang Crossover na may mataas na wading depth? Or aling Crossover yun may pinakamataas na wading depth?

6. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by theblob View Post
    P1M to P1.3M

For that amount of money and for city driving purposes, maybe I will get myself a Mazda3 2.0R or a Subaru XV. The Forester or CX5 are also good choices but they are priced more than 1.3M already.

If I want something to beat the flooded areas, I might go with a new Ford Ranger 2.2L XLT.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Definitely won't be buying a sedan. I don't live in a flood prone area but I need a car that can survive sudden increase in flood water.

I drive an Altis now and I want a car at least twice or thrice its wading depth.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Definitely won't be buying a sedan. I don't live in a flood prone area but I need a car that can survive sudden increase in flood water.

I drive an Altis now and I want a car at least twice or thrice its wading depth.

8. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Among your choices, I believe the XV has the highest ground clearance at 225mm. HRV is at 185mm if I'm not mistaken..

9. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by theblob View Post

I guess your best options will be those vehicles mda has suggested. If you want a crossover, the Subaru XV and Forester have proven offroad performance and could take on light flooded areas.

10. Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Ground clearance is sometimes misleading since some vehicles have okay to good clearance but air intake is set low in the engine bay. Better measure the height of the air intake instead or someone mentioned, published flood-wading depth.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast