The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Maps.me for offline mao

Sent from my SM-N9208 using Tapatalk

2. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Wigo on a road trip fully laden with 5 adults & camping gears for sure..?

with so many unknowns out there all the best of luck to you guys..

coming home, be prepared for unknown PMS costs as well..

OR..get a PPV/van for hire if you have the budget..it makes a lot of practical sense & peace of mind for your loved ones..

3. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Rosie View Post
    Thank you all for your helpful advice! I also think that it's the companionship that makes a successful trip ^^ We are just looking for experiences to be more well-prepared and avoid unnecessary troubles ;) Every road trip has its story... I would be greatly appreciate it and would very love to hear if you don't mind sharing your own stories :P

That's also what we are considering! I think it'd be best if we dont have to spend money renting a car. But if the Wigo is not sufficient for the trip, then we have no choice but renting one. Currently we only have a Wigo of my friend's.

Thank you! Can you suggest with a particular model for renting? I think we would have to rent one.

Lol 3 skinny girls and 2 not-skinny-at-all guys. I guess I can exclude the Wigo option now lol.
    rent an innova.
    it's got lotsa interior space. the five of you, even if on the slightly stouter side, won't bruise against each other, even on longer trips.
    and you can get to your stash of goodies at the back, without having to stop and get out of the car. it comes in handy, in the rain and on the expressway..
    the engine is also adequate for everyday drives.
    but, in a pinch, the wigo should get you to where you want to go. wag lang sa masyadong matarik na daanan. it's only a 1 liter three cylinder engine... and there are five of you. personally, i do not know what its limits are, re. uphill driving.
    but you should check its passenger weight limit. sorry, but my manual is... elsewhere right now.

errr... san ba punta ninyo?
    Last edited by dr. d; May 23rd, 2017 at 12:35 AM.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Minivan. Not even the biggest SUV can beat it for comfort or room efficiency.

Of course, that's assuming the road conditions are okay.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Any 5-seater sedan (ex. Vios) or small SUV/AUV (ex. Avanza) should work. Hatchbacks without a proper trunk like a Wigo or Lancer don't have enough luggage space. Vans like Grandias are so big and you'll be so far away from eachother that it'll be hard to converse without shouting.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by makinao View Post
    Vans like Grandias are so big and you'll be so far away from eachother that it'll be hard to converse without shouting.
    Minivans are very quiet. I never needed to shout with the windows closed. My wife certainly had no problems gossiping with other Filipinas at the back. I was usually the driver. So, I didn't talk anyway.

7. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Jeremy Clarkson once called the Corolla "The World's Fastest Car" (New Zealand episode)

Rented kasi

So yes, based on personaly experience, masarap idrive ang rental car kasi sa totoo lang, wag ka lang mabangga, wala kang problem/pakialam sa sasakyan

So back to your question... If renting a car and budget is an issue... Try the Vios or Avanza (kainis lang ng rentals dyan sa Pinas, mostly MT units ang available)

8. Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by makinao View Post
    Any 5-seater sedan (ex. Vios) or small SUV/AUV (ex. Avanza) should work. Hatchbacks without a proper trunk like a Wigo or Lancer don't have enough luggage space. Vans like Grandias are so big and you'll be so far away from eachother that it'll be hard to converse without shouting.
    That's the difference between Grand Starex and Grandia. You don't have to shout to the person in front if you need to talk to them 😂

Sent from my LG-H818 using Tapatalk

9. Join Date
    May 2017
    In long term mas tatagal grandia compare sa grand starex period

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tsikot Forums mobile app

10. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Jun aka Pekto View Post
    Minivans are very quiet. I never needed to shout with the windows closed. My wife certainly had no problems gossiping with other Filipinas at the back. I was usually the driver. So, I didn't talk anyway.
    Except minivans in the US are built to be more quiet and highways are smoother.

Not the same case here in Pinas 😀

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast