New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    My mother went home today with great news: She's trying to get an expanded car loan which may be up to P800,000. If that's the case, she's willing to add P40,000 because she, along with my dad, both want a Strada 4x2 GL (bare model but it's still likable, hahaha)

Could you suggest other possible cars at this budget? Nagpapatanong kasi siya ng mga magagandang cars between P650,000 to P800,000. Depending sa car plan na i-award ng office niya sa kanya, she's willing to cashout up to P30,000 or P40,000.

So far, we're looking at the:
    - Mitsubishi Strada 4x2 GL
    - Toyota Innova 2.0 J
    - Toyota Altis 1.6 E
    - Honda City 1.3 S or A
    - Toyota Vios 1.3 E or J

ranked in order of price. BTW lahat sila M/T

In priority naman (for me), it's:
    - Mitsubishi Strada 4x2 GL
    - Toyota Altis 1.6 E
    - Toyota Innova 2.0 J
    - Honda City 1.3 S or A
    (I'm not even considering a Vios. Heehee)

What really matters to us is practicality (the bigger, the better just because we're three fat pack rats hahaha) and fuel consumption. But we can still bear figures like 9km/l pa naman, just nothing below 8. :P

Sorry if I had to start a new thread, our car buying ordeal just became more complicated, but at the same time more excitng. Rest assured this ought to end in a month. It has to.

Your comments and suggestions are most welcome. Thank you very much :D
    Last edited by after11years; June 29th, 2010 at 11:52 PM. Reason: Added info

2. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    1. Innova...for space, fuel economy is a bit low, convert it to LPG to lower the fuel cost.

2. Altis... for fuel consumtion, the most pratical imho

3. Strada...for hauling things, its a pickup. very reliable engine, offers the best ride quality but a bit bouncy

4. vios...not quite budget mode, but offers the best FC in town.

5. city...performance?

3. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by aejhayl17 View Post
    1. Innova...for space, fuel economy is a bit low, convert it to LPG to lower the fuel cost.

2. Altis... for fuel consumtion, the most pratical imho

3. Strada...for hauling things, its a pickup. very reliable engine, offers the best ride quality but a bit bouncy

4. vios...not quite budget mode, but offers the best FC in town.

5. city...performance?
    I don't think we'd bother converting something to LPG. We want a car as stock as possible kasi eh. If we decide on buying an Innova siguro we'll have to deal with a rather bad FC.

Yung Altis talaga I realized it's so underrated and it's so practical I kinda got my dad interested on this. Siguro we'll get this kung P750k yung car plan na ibibigay nung office.

My parents want the Strada. I want it too, though it's near-impossible kasi usually hanggang P750k lang talaga yung binibigay ng office ng mom ko.

I don't really like the Vios, and it's just our fallback if we don't have a choice. It's not even included in my preference list :P

The City is just love but the Strada, Altis and Innova are just way more practical than it, kaya I'm choosing the three over this. Siguro kung P700k ang car plan, ito na talaga kukunin namin.

Thanks for the suggestions!

4. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Strada is your best option. No known problems with strada. If you are going to choose innova, then pick the vvti variant the d4d of toyotas are not of that good quality here.

Why dont you guys try hyundai accent. It's not that good to look at but you could feel the power of it's crdi engine and it has a very good FC...

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by after11years View Post
    Yung Altis talaga I realized it's so underrated and it's so practical I kinda got my dad interested on this. Siguro we'll get this kung P750k yung car plan na ibibigay nung office.
    The Toyota Corolla Altis 1.6L is a very practical choice but you have to consider the engine sludge problem that this plagues the ZZ series engines. The problem can be delayed/controlled by strict engine oil changes every 5000 kilometers. Missing a scheduled oil change can be fatal to the engine.

Aside from that specific fact, the Altis is a hard car to beat for the price. relatively roomy interior and comfortable ride quality.

Another options you should seriously consider are the Honda City S 1.3L M/T and Honda Jazz S 1.3L M/T. Both are within your budget and are good value for money. The Jazz can haul cargo as big as some SUVs simply by folding down the rear seats. With the seats up, it is more than a decent city car with peppy performance & good fuel economy. Good looks doesn't hurt too.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    How about older model cars like the following?

Nissan Sentra GSX 1.6L M/T - P760K

Mitsubishi Lancer 1.6 GLX M/T - P685K

7. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Over lunch today, my mom talked to my dad and I to finally close in on a decision.

If the office car plan permits it, we are getting a Toyota Corolla Altis 1.6E.
    If they give us a lower budget, we're going for a Honda City 1.3S or A.

Thanks so much for the inputs.

8. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    At least meron ng decision! Sana pumayag sila sa Corolla Altis kasi IMO mas ok yan as a family car...

9. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by tidus1203 View Post
    At least meron ng decision! Sana pumayag sila sa Corolla Altis kasi IMO mas ok yan as a family car...
    Exactly what I'm thinking! Though sabi ng mom ko itatry na pa rin daw yung Civic 1.8V but then we're both sure na it will be rejected. =)). Sana talaga pumayag sa Altis. Mas importante sa amin na mas malaki. Besides, maganda rin FC ng Altis ehh.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Altis. nakakagulat kung gaano katipid ang manual version.

Mas matipid pa sa Vios 1.5 AT ko.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Best car for P800k budget