New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Hi Guys,

I am planning to buy a car within the range of 800-900k. Originally i was planning to get a honda jazz 1.5 A/T but I'm having doubts as to whether its the right choice.

I am looking for a car that doesn't eat too much gas or has very good fuel efficiency and preferably a/t with a comfortable ride.

Please help!

2. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Just, stick with the Jazz.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by blastme33 View Post
    Hi Guys,

I am planning to buy a car within the range of 800-900k. Originally i was planning to get a honda jazz 1.5 A/T but I'm having doubts as to whether its the right choice.

I am looking for a car that doesn't eat too much gas or has very good fuel efficiency and preferably a/t with a comfortable ride.

Please help!
    Fuel efficiency and a/t don't often go together. Especially with small cars, where torque-converter automatics suck lots of gas.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

4. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Hi Guys,

Please help!

Go with the Jazz bro, kung hindi lang binabaha dito samin yan sana choice ko. Fun to drive and easy to maneuver.

5. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    If I had a budget upto 900k, I will get an Altis V rather than a Jazz.

I love the Jazz, I've been wanting the Jazz since the 1st gen facelift, but I've always felt that the Jazz's price is too steep for its features. When they introduced the GE Jazz, i felt it was was priced "reasonably" at P797k -- although medyo natataasan na ako nun since at that time masyado na syang malapit sa Civic V price, but for the exact same car selling at P842k now, wala na sya sa list ko.

The Altis V now sells at P925k, but as Cathy said in the another thread, the discount would make it exactly P900k, the car's features are excellent -- but di ko lang type ang faux wood trims inside.

But I think the Ford Focus 1.8li Trend is a good buy too. Not so sure about its Fuel Consumption though. But get the hatchback if you happen to go Focus.

Hi Guys,

Please help!
    The best buy for me would be the Ford Focus having the Dual-Clutch Technology... No worries for the A/T Drivers, Very smooth shifting and fuel efficient. (based from Top Gear Mag...)

7. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    sorry, I just checked features on the Altis 1.6V and it's not as impressive pala. I thought this one had HID and full leather seats, but sa 2.0 lang pala yun. Cancel my vote on the Altis V.

I suggest you check the Chevy Cruze also. Ganda rin ng features (w/ Traction Control ka pa at P908k). I'm sure makaka-haggle ka pa ng discount on the SRP.

8. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Kimospeed, the dual-clutch A/T of the Focus is for the top of the line TDCi model only. Halos P1.19M na po yun.

9. Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by homer jay View Post
    I suggest you check the Chevy Cruze also. Ganda rin ng features (w/ Traction Control ka pa at P908k). I'm sure makaka-haggle ka pa ng discount on the SRP.
    maganda ba FC ng cruze?

10. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by RC-V View Post
    maganda ba FC ng cruze?
    Malamang hindi rin... it's a 1.8-liter A/T car, so expect around 6-7km/li if pure city driving, 8kpl at best.

If FC is really important , then get the City/Jazz/Vios/M2 1.5AT nalang, it will probably get you around 9kpl on the average, 10kpl at best.

Mahirap kasi qualifications ni Blastme33, Although specified naman nya na hinahanap nya talaga ay fuel efficient. Preference lang naman nya ride comfort.

Ride Comfort usually goes with bigger cars (I really don't think that any of the subcompacts mentioned gives a good ride comfort), but these bigger cars aren't fuel efficient as the subcompacts. And kung preference ang AT, medyo sasablay din sa FC kahit sub-compact. And kung sasabayan pa natin ng performance/responsiveness, lalo kang sasablay with the AT on a low displacement engine -- even on a small car.

Haaaay... kay hirap naman talaga pumili ng tsikot.

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast
Best car for 800-900k budget