New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2012
    What's up! watawat? It's been a while since visiting tsikot and I'm happy to be back. I've forgot the password on my previous account so I made a new one.

so the company I'm working for gave me roughly $5000 money support to buy a new car. But I don't want to spend too much on monthly payments on a brand new car as I'm only gonna stay for 2-3 years. I want something fun to drive but easy on the pocket and It must be a sedan. It shouldn't be too flashy because I'm working a government contract.

I'm looking at 2 cars right now (70-80kms odo).

Altezza '98
    legacy b4 '98

any other suggestions?

2. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    in which country are you working right now?

unlike in the Phils., other countries have more brands to choose from, with service and road conditions should not be an issue. So any car within your budget will do, I guess.

Among the given options I'd get the Legacy.

4. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by N3gus View Post
    What's up! watawat? It's been a while since visiting tsikot and I'm happy to be back. I've forgot the password on my previous account so I made a new one.

so the company I'm working for gave me roughly $5000 money support to buy a new car. But I don't want to spend too much on monthly payments on a brand new car as I'm only gonna stay for 2-3 years. I want something fun to drive but easy on the pocket and It must be a sedan. It shouldn't be too flashy because I'm working a government contract.

I'm looking at 2 cars right now (70-80kms odo).

Altezza '98
    legacy b4 '98

any other suggestions?
    dude VW gti

5. Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Sorry, I forgot to mention that I'll be working at Yokosuka naval base in Yokohama. There's loads to choose from but preferably I'd go for a japanese car because maintenance is way cheaper.

the integra type r sedan looks interesting.

hmm, but the Altezza is RWD and the traction control can be turned off.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    The 2 liter Altezza is actually an excellent car.

In the end, you're spoiled for choice in Japan, so the limit is your imagination.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

7. Join Date
    Feb 2012
    yes Niky, there's a lot to choose from since when they've done away with compulsary annual inspection for cars beyond 10 years old a couple of years ago. now, it's every 2 years for all cars new or whatnot. but this has driven up the prices a bit generally for 2nd hand cars.

hmm, Or I could just use the company car, a nissan moco, save money and go for a grand vacation? lol.

Just wondering: how much for a '91-'95 Honda Legend 2-door?

9. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by N3gus View Post
    yes Niky, there's a lot to choose from since when they've done away with compulsary annual inspection for cars beyond 10 years old a couple of years ago. now, it's every 2 years for all cars new or whatnot. but this has driven up the prices a bit generally for 2nd hand cars.

hmm, Or I could just use the company car, a nissan moco, save money and go for a grand vacation? lol.
    Hahaha... A vacation to... Palawan?

If you can get away without buying a car, do so. It's great to have more savings... especially the money you save by not paying for maintenance and registration.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    If you can get away without buying a car, do so. It's great to have more savings... especially the money you save by not paying for maintenance and registration.
    That's a good point...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Best 2nd hand car for under ,000.