New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Isa pang advice...

If there's a small "gut feel" or "doubt" when you decide on a car you just checked out that you seemed to like, forget it entirely...

Baka nadadala ka lang sa "need to get a car", sa "looks", sa accessories na prinesent.

If you can't stand a rust bubbling portion, or don't really like how the engine/tranny is responding, etc... Don't tell yourself "papagawa ko nalang yan..."

More often than not, you'll end up regretting it.

A car will come that'll give a you a good impression from the get-go... If it feels right, then go with that...

Malalaman mo naman siguro yung sincerity ng seller kung baket binebenta eh.

While sigurado may lalabas na problem din eventually, iba padin ang alam mo na ang defect nangyari due to normal wear and age factors and di dahil sa neglected ng current/previous owner...

Basta wag mong sabihin sa sarili mo na "ah ako na magpapagawa nyan..." o "madali lang yan..." pag may problem sa makina, tranny, brakes, aircon o rust/paint issues.

2. Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Luap
    ilang libo na ba ang mga tsikoteers? sa Aparri ang venue, para matest drive nyo sa
    malayo ang mga car nyo. don't worry about parking kasi nasa gitna ng bukid ang
    bahay namin dun hehehe
    sir, 9895 & growing po tsikoteers...baka ubos P300K nyo sa handa pa lang hehehe...

check out din po yong classified sections ng tsikot...madami dun naka-post, mas okay pa(in my experience) ka-deal mga members ng clubs na direct sellers rather than going thru buy & sell dealers. check out as well the classified sections ng iba't iba pang mga car clubs, baka maka-tsamba ka ng magandang deal..like a 98 cefiro that was sold at P240K over at nissanbayan. sa kotse.com, nandun mga links ng iba't-ibang car clubs...

goodluck!

3. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by SeminaristaKuno
    Lancer GLXi na lang hehe

What year ba? Kasi ang itlog ('92-'95) GLXi around 200k na lang ang bentahan. Yung mga pizza ('95-2001(?)) around 300k pa sa ngayon.
    I'm looking for a 1999 and up GLXi pizza. yung friend ko kasi ganun
    ang ride nya and it was also acquired as 2nd hand, hangang ngayon
    haping hapi pa din sya. Samahan daw nya ako over this week-end
    to hunt for my dream car, I'll keep you guys posted. Have a nice
    and safe week-end everyone...

4. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    how about a 99-00 sentra FE? 1.3L engine, CARBED so no horribly-expensive sensors to break. cheap too, siguro 180k - 220k nalang yan. yun nga lang, power steering and that's all. but then again, having manual windows and mirrors isn't a curse..

5. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    i agree, good buy ang exalta, it also looks classy, hindi ko lang alam magkano ang 2nd hand na grandeur

6. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Luap
    I'm looking for a 1999 and up GLXi pizza. yung friend ko kasi ganun
    ang ride nya and it was also acquired as 2nd hand, hangang ngayon
    haping hapi pa din sya. Samahan daw nya ako over this week-end
    to hunt for my dream car, I'll keep you guys posted. Have a nice
    and safe week-end everyone...

GLXi lancer? Hmm, my father-in-law mentioned that he might sell his lancer sometime soon. I dunno the year model but the plates start with WGY. I'll pm you when I get to talk to him.

7. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Even my friend's ex-girlfriend complained that the Exalta STA was slow. Perhaps this is its only major problem. If you don't care about features, Corolla GLi and Civic VTi are better choices for an everyday car.

8. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    I would strongly advice corolla for a family/everyday use car. Wala ka problema sa maintenance at sa paghanap ng mechanic. For me reliability is number one priority.

meron samin honda at toyota, yung honda hindi lahat ng mechanic e maalam, hirap pa parts. yun toyota, kahit sino yata mechanic e kaya nya. our 94 corolla xe is being used everyday, di pa sya nag stall kahit minsan (knock on wood ) except nag overheat before. How reliable are corollas? look at the taxis around you . 96 and up glis can fit your bill nicely.

9. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Gud am guys. After browsing through several ads and inspecting some of the
    units over the week, I'm impressed with the following cars, 1998 Mits GLx1 m/t, 2000 nissan exalta sta, 1998 Honda civic Lxi. They all fit my budget, but the cheapest was
    the mits. Any comments about these guys? Whats the difference between the Exalta Sta and Exalta Sla? I appreciate all your feedback guys. Salamat po.

10. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by blinker
    i agree, good buy ang exalta, it also looks classy, hindi ko lang alam magkano ang 2nd hand na grandeur

pren ko nakabili ng grandeur 470K model 2003.... 42K mileage. kaso last january pa yon hehehe...

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Best 2nd hand car to buy for 300K (sagad na po)