New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    wow, thanks guys for all the replies (tama yung sabi nung friend ko na nag refer sa akin dito - you guys are cool!!!). yung 300k po para sa auto lang. I've set aside some mojo for paper transfers and all. gusto ko kasi yung medyo bago pa ang model from 1999 and up para medyo less maintenance pa (but then I guess it's up to the previous' owner's habits). so any tsikoteer who'se selling his ride or if you know anyone
    whose sellin his ride by then, please feel free to PM me at rob3ber*yahoo.com.

Thanks again and keep pourin' your advice 9everything is appreciated.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    check mo yung car finder natin, baka may matsempohan ka. Kung late model (99 up) habol mo, lynx and sentras are your best bets imo.

good luck and update mo kami.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Seminaristakuno, thanks for your input. It really helps alot to hear from a fellow
    whose "been there, done that" and to theveed, thanks again - i'll keep you posted.

4. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    sayang we just recently sold two cars for 270k, lancer glxi 96 and galant ss 95 both are casa maintained di lang naalagaan paint and dents but engine is still very good

siguro the buyer is shelling them at 200k a piece na ngayun, oh well try buy and sell and goodluck!

5. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Narrow down your choices that would fit in your budget. make a list, say brand, type (sedan or van), mileage, availability of spares, etc. Well, my personal choice with this budget would be corolla gli 96-later models. Saka mo na pag-isipan yung van if you intend to have a dozen kids, jk lang.

6. Join Date
    May 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by miLes
    sayang we just recently sold two cars for 270k, lancer glxi 96 and galant ss 95 both are casa maintained di lang naalagaan paint and dents but engine is still very good
    270k for two cars? mura ng benta nyo ah!

7. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Go to 7-11, n buy Car Finder, i think thats the name of the magazine. Its only 25Pesos, n its full of used cars, with pictures n descriptions, n contact numbers. From there, you can see the market of the used cars, and compare prices.

For 300T you can find a good car. I totally agree with the others, buy one or negotiate your way down to 250T, then save the rest for repairs, because let's face it..it's a used car n you're not going to get a perfect car. You may need that money to make some repairs. After a month with ours, our alternator went out n had to get that replaced.

I would go for something fuel efficient, because, with all that travelling to the hopsital, then paying bills, then your newborn coming into the world, you're going to be using that car A LOT. Especially with ur newborn, since you will be making errands to buy diapers, n making appointments at the hospital..then having the a/c on for ur newborn n wife. Go for fuel efficiency.. such as Corolla or Civic.

But check out that Magazine ad at ur local 7-11. I think that will help you a lot in making ur decision on the wide array of vehicles to choose from.

8. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by niky
    Wag mo isagad yung price sa budget mo. I usually estimate 50k or so over the purchase cost to fix things, even if the car appears perfect when you check it out.

And the Corolla and Sentra are perfect beginner's cars. Secure handling, economical running, and easy to find parts. Recent Civics are still at the upper end of your price range. As for me, I'd go for the Sentra, because you might be able to get an airbag equipped car with ABS for that price (no Hondas or Toyotas in that range have airbags... not even the 96 VTis), and the strong AC is a godsend if you've got a kid and it's 40 degrees centigrade outside.

Just make sure the model you get has rear seatbelts so you can fasten the baby chair well.
    Wrong. My 96 GLi has an airbag, and the last batch before the AE111 had ABS already. Actually, it was the Corolla that introduced the airbag first, while ABS was spearheaded by the Sentra.

I strongly suggest you get the same car as mine. It's very reliable and easy to maintain, and personally, it looks better than any 1.6 Jap of the same year except the first VTEC Civic. Once you get one, have the shocks, tie rods, ball joints, etc. reconditioned at Zee and you'll pretty much have a solid suspension - almost like new. The 4A-FE engine has the urge when you need it, yet returning good fuel numbers while being utterly dependable. Its only downside is the lack of extra RPM compared to the Hondas, but it's definitely more suited for our traffic conditions. Another negative issue is the aircon, as some speculated. Well, this shouldn't really be a big problem. You just have to have it cleaned at a reputable shop, and don't be afraid to use fan speed # 3 or 4 sometimes. Lastly, the manual shifter is a bit too far from slick, but I know of a shop that can smoothen it somehow for a couple of thousand bucks.

I tell you, this is the best you can get. The going for this is around 240K or less, so you can spend the rest for minor repairs, perhaps an air filter upgrade (better engine sound), good mags and tires, a CD indash (if you don't have iPod) and some toys for your kid.
    Last edited by squala; December 2nd, 2005 at 02:26 AM.

9. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    guys, thanks for all your inputs. at least now I have a decent base of knowledge towards buying my first ever car. after browsing through the ads over here at tsikot, I have narrowed down my choices to, toyota corolla gli, honda civic, and nissan sentra (exalta), but right now I'm leaning towards honda because my best bud is a mechanic in honda makati and maybe I can exploit his expertise to find a decent civic, and according to him I can toyota corolla is also a good first car. Btw, ford lynx is also tempting but I'm not sure about the price and availability of parts specially now that the production of such model is discontinued. Again, kudos to all of you guys. Imbitado kayo lahat sa pabinyag ng baby ko hehehe

10. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Luap
    ...Imbitado kayo lahat sa pabinyag ng baby ko hehehe
    Paul, post mo lang dito kung kailan at saan?

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Best 2nd hand car to buy for 300K (sagad na po)