Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Hi all, I'm a newbie here and I'm planning to buy my first ever car
    Feb of next year. I wanted a car because we would have a our first
    baby by then, and anyone here knows how hard to commute kung
    may dala dala kang baby.

I'm seeking for your expert help guys this early para at least my
    ample time pa ako na maka pag scout ng car worth my hard earned money.

so what type of car can you recommend? (i'm looking for the best bang
    for my buck)

Thanks guys....

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    yung 300 mo ba for the car lang talaga o bukod pa gastusin for immediate repairs, parts replacement (like tires) and registration?

ano ba ang priorities mo? space? comfort? fuel economy? brand? image? cost of maintenance? etc?

May pros and cons kada kotse so you have to find one that suit your needs.

Kung ako may 300K (for car only)

My choices would be:

Cefiro - Personal favorite...
    Galant (Shark)
    Civic VTi (tipid and reliable)
    124 Benz

but that's just me hehe... I like big cars and pang gurang taste ko eh.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Honda Civic Vti
    Corolla GLi

4. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    yup at 300k bitin ka nyan kung sakto 300k yung car na kukunin mo.

i just bought a 94 hi-ace for 340k... reapairs and paper works plus insurance have reached the 50k mark na.. so you have to really find a car na konti lang aayusin or sariwa talga na walng papagawa... pra mag kasya 300k... or but at 300k you can get lancers or corolla na 97 models na maayos pa at may sukli pa 300 mo

5. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    i agree with theveed, cefiro ka na or camry it classic kaya hindi malalaos ung design and ung riding comfort kahit matagal na ok na ok parin and its roomy hindi masikip kung magpapalit ng diaper , we have our camry for more than 5 years na sarap parin ng ride at amoy bago parin alaga kc, kaya magcanvas kana para makahanap ka ng seller na ok pa ung condition ng auto, i dont think mahihirapan kang makahanap now that evryones nagtitipid sa gas. And especially now that you have a family bagay yan sa lifestyle nyo. Congrats nga pala sa new baby mo!

6. Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Kung first ever car, I think I'd go for somthin like an easy to maintain, and low operating cost vehicle. For example - the ubiquitous 2000 Toyota Corolla XE for example, it's carburated so you wont have to worry about electronic parts breakdown (sensors, ECU etc). It's operating cost is also very good (1.3L engine) so fuel, oil and other parts like brake pads, filters etc will def cost cheaper. The downside of this is power (or the lack of it).
    Or if you want a higher spec'd car, why dont you check the Ford Lynx GSI, or even probably the Ghia, just stay away from a/t. Sentras make very tempting buys as well. Regardless of these choices, the best way is for you to test drive and see if which fits your priorities well.

As Theveed mentioned, it depends on your priorities and your taste (kung pang-gurang na haha )

7. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    If I had 300k, I would spend 240k for the newest model Corolla or Sentra available in that price range. The 60k would be spent for any and all, repairs and expenses to be incured after the purchase of the car.

8. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    ^ Agree. Save 50k for repairs. Since you're going to be a daddy by february (CONGRATS!!! ) buy the car as soon as possible so you can have it repaired before your baby arrives.

My wife and I had the same dilemma before. She was 3-months pregnant that time and puro taxi kami during checkups. Hirap sya dun. So we bought a car and since medyo luma na a lot of quirks and problems came out. I had most of the problems repaired before the baby came out so when the time came na manganganak na wife ko kampante ako na di ako masisiraan on the way to the hospital.

Nga pala make sure na di mahirap i-maintain ang future ride mo. Taking care of a wife, a baby and an old car on a budget is a very delicate balancing act ;)

Usual suspects pa rin:
    Corolla - parts everwhere
    Civic - fun to drive
    Lancer - love your own hehe
    Sentra - strong aircon
    Lynx - very good value for money
    Last edited by JohnM; December 1st, 2005 at 03:07 PM.

9. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by zman
    If I had 300k, I would spend 240k for the newest model Corolla or Sentra available in that price range. The 60k would be spent for any and all, repairs and expenses to be incured after the purchase of the car.
    Wag mo isagad yung price sa budget mo. I usually estimate 50k or so over the purchase cost to fix things, even if the car appears perfect when you check it out.

And the Corolla and Sentra are perfect beginner's cars. Secure handling, economical running, and easy to find parts. Recent Civics are still at the upper end of your price range. As for me, I'd go for the Sentra, because you might be able to get an airbag equipped car with ABS for that price (no Hondas or Toyotas in that range have airbags... not even the 96 VTis), and the strong AC is a godsend if you've got a kid and it's 40 degrees centigrade outside.

Just make sure the model you get has rear seatbelts so you can fasten the baby chair well.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    you might consider a van as well if you need the space... trust me, kung madalas kang may kasabay (in laws, grandparents, yaya, etc), having a baby seat pretty much makes a sedan a 4 seater...

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast
Best 2nd hand car to buy for 300K (sagad na po)