New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    I have used the search tool but I was not able to find a specific thread for wheel drives.. I just want to know more about these.. what's good and what's bad.. Understeer and oversteer.. Actually, dapat FWD vs RWD lang eh.. madaya kasi AWD.. all-around.. pero isama na natin para madaming choices.. so which is better for you?

i own a xtrail 250x. with fwd, auto and 4wd-lock mode.

pag FWD mode and pinitik ko ung throttle, tire screaches, lalo na kung turning or making a u-turn.. worst kung wet ang road, lumalaban ang manibela kapag dumudulas ang gulong during abrupt acceleration kasi nga FWD..but kung nasa "auto" mode, all of it are virtually eliminated, plus mas-ok mag high-speed cornering, if only mabawasan ko lang ang "body roll" ng xtrail..

in the case of RWD, not much to say, i only had experiece with my former delica and liteace...

as i know may thread na regarding this..paki find nalang..

nga pala, 4wd-lock mode is the mode i use the least... pang light offroading where muds involve.

ps: medo madulas na shoes ng xtrail ko.. 1/2 na ang thread kasi,e... ipon muna ng pamalit shoes.. 17 or 18....

3. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uYUWIcw8_xg&p=0F7EF3F8D9ABC805&playnext=1& index=79"]YouTube - FIFTH GEAR FWD vs RWD vs AWD audi bmw alfa[/ame]

This should explain it.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by alwayz_yummy View Post
    i own a xtrail 250x. with fwd, auto and 4wd-lock mode.

pag FWD mode and pinitik ko ung throttle, tire screaches, lalo na kung turning or making a u-turn.. worst kung wet ang road, lumalaban ang manibela kapag dumudulas ang gulong during abrupt acceleration kasi nga FWD..but kung nasa "auto" mode, all of it are virtually eliminated, plus mas-ok mag high-speed cornering, if only mabawasan ko lang ang "body roll" ng xtrail..

in the case of RWD, not much to say, i only had experiece with my former delica and liteace...

as i know may thread na regarding this..paki find nalang..

nga pala, 4wd-lock mode is the mode i use the least... pang light offroading where muds involve.

ps: medo madulas na shoes ng xtrail ko.. 1/2 na ang thread kasi,e... ipon muna ng pamalit shoes.. 17 or 18....

Bro, wont stabilizer bars help to lessen the body roll ?

And

Get mo yung shoes ng murano. 18's naman ata yun. Hehe. The wider the wheels the more grip you get. Kaya mas okay. Downside, mahal lang talaga tires ng 18's.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ydva0Ce3brk&feature=related"]YouTube - AWD vs RWD vs RWD[/ame]

another side... on a nasty weather conditions.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    to me
    FWD= good fc
    RWD= fun, not to bad fc
    AWD= fun and grip, fc really bad

7. Join Date
    Sep 2010
    I advise you to watch Top Gear sa youtube you will definitely gain some insights. Generally speaking drive system talks about the drive characteristics and AWD should be the superb but in all things said and done it will go down to the maker of the car. In the video above the AWD Audi is inferior to the RWD BMW. In my experience BMW's are sharper compare to Audi's. My friend also told me Benz's are sharper than BMW on the corners (both RWD). So my take is that, definitely RWD is better than FWD but with regards to AWD depende sa car maker.

PS - Evo and Subaru STi both are AWD but the Evo is sharper to drive.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    awd isn't just about handling, it also gives you better grip on wet, slippery, icy, mud and dirt roads compared to rwd and fwd. yes there are lots of rwd and fwd cars that will out handle an awd car, but when i'm going up a mountain or going trough slippery roads i'd rather have an awd. but it also depends on the car's awd system, there are lots of cars equipped with an awd system that is no better than a rwd or fwd. example of that is the cr-v's awd system, no offense to crv owners.

and i agree the evo will give you better handling and the STi will give you better traction on slippery roads.

9. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    AWD syempre... Pero I'd like one that can fully transfer power to make it either fully FWD or fully RWD, and it must have the ability to run with all fours at the highway and have low range capability. That way I get to enjoy the best of both worlds combined. But then that will have to be coupled to a very good diesel engine for best performance and fuel efficiency combo. 3.0V6 ReVGT twin turbo with cylinder shutoff tech, anyone?

*renz:

prob ko sa 18s is manipis na rubber, baka malimitahan ang road option ko lalo na pag umuuwi sa province..

si din ako pwede mag-drop for the same reason

balik sa thread....

fwd cars cant handle too much power... kaya nga and evo and wrx-sti ay AWD para ma-distribute ang power ng maayos..

rwd - can take power, kaya nga preferred itong set-up na it ng americans and sports car models.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Battle of the Drives: FWD vs RWD vs AWD