New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    [SIZE=2]Just for reference, I have no interest to buy, only for comparisons purposes only.[/SIZE]

Let's talk about money here, excluding exotic luxury brands like Ferrari etc, and let's keep it at a reasonable budget of say, below P2M, nothing too old or vintage.

Let's hear your inputs. Let's dare to compare, and here's my share:

1998-2006 Audi TT:

I've seen a few lurking around the second hand market for as low as 950,000. The interior is one of a kind!

1996-2002 BMW Z3:

Everyone loves a James Bond car! These Z3's are really cheap and the lowest I've seen for this is 450,000-600,000.

1998+ VW Beetle:

I've seen a few roaming the streets but unsure what the brand new or second hand prices are here... Lovely curves and popularised by the movie HERBIE - for me anyway

2000-2007 Toyota MR-2/S:

Nice little run-around, especially with the Ferrari-esque bodykits, make your MR2/S look like a mini-ferrari. Seen one for 800,000 with high mileage...

1998-2006 BMW 3-Series:

BMW being a BMW will always hold it's value well here in Phils, picking up one of these will not only be rare but also be pricey for it's average (non-Philippines) second hand rate. Same applies to the M3. I think this falls under P2M?

Out of all these, I'd go for the Audi TT. Sleak design inside & out and with a VW Golf engine underneath it's quite reliable

2. Join Date
    Apr 2006
    I see a growing number of these convertibles on the street from Cagayan Port with " B " plates.. of all the choices given ill go with james bond , BMW Z3

.....Let me share my dream convertible , Bentley Continental GTC

3. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    no mazda roadster?

4. Join Date
    May 2009
    Mazda MX-5! The people's convertible! Too bad a brand new one's worth P2M already Still makes it in your criterion though.

5. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    How about MERCEDES BENZ SLK CONVERTIBLE.

6. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    With the road conditions and kind of vehicular traffic here, hindi ko pinapangarap na nakasakay sa isang convertible. Mainit, mausok, at subukan mo nakasunod sa truck nanagdeliver ng swine livestock. Maamoy.

But I think the Mazda MX-5 seems to be the most reasonable and most practical to own.

7. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    hindi ata sinama ang honda s2000 sa choices pati ang 350z roadster... hmmmm...

Battle Of The CONVERTIBLES.