New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    which is better escape,xtrail or tucson? what are the Advantages and disadvantages of this compact suv's?

2. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Wait for this Tucson then you will have the best compact SUV in the local market (assuming the others don't release a new model themselves)

3. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Tucson CRDi. Kaya lang medyo luma na design and magkakaron na ng bago ix35 siya.

Next is ford escape, maganda, bago pero mahal maintenance at lakas yan sa gas

Nissan Xtrail would be the last, medyo luma na design, lakas din sa gas nasa 6km/l pero car-like ride feeling.

Hyundai IX35

FORD ESCAPE:

Last edited by renzo_d10; August 15th, 2009 at 09:46 PM.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Bakit hindi kasama ang CRV? Sa 3 choices na given, dun na ako sa XTrail

5. Join Date
    Feb 2007

The Ford Kuga will probably match Hyundai ix35...although a little bit smaller..

6. Join Date
    Feb 2007
    this is just a sketch of the upcoming 2012 cr-v(cr-zx)from honda...

can be found here...

http://www.4wheelsnews.com/2012-hond...nese-magazine/

7. Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by xton_71 View Post
    which is better escape,xtrail or tucson? what are the Advantages and disadvantages of this compact suv's?
    Are you gonna get it 2nd hand or brand new?

How about the RAV4 , CR-V , Captiva , Outlander , Grand vitara & Sportage

8. Join Date
    Dec 2008
    may be you want to stretched your choice i think this one compact SUV he he

EQUINOX GMC

9. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Are those available here? The Equinox and Kuga I mean...

Pero para sakin the best compact crossover in the local market is still the Subaru Forester, mahal nga lang...

10. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by xton_71 View Post
    Actually there are a lot of choices other than the 3 you mentioned at the sub-2 million mark.

The Escape and Xtrail are somewhat dated and their 4speed automatic transmission feel so outmoded probably contributing to its gas guzzling ways. There is a mild excitement in the past months on the new facelifted Escape due to its lower price (P1.050 million for the XLS variant).

The CRDI twins---Hyundai Tucson and Kia Sportage. Choosing between the two is mainly for aesthetic consideration.

Then the CBUs from Japan---Mitsubishi Outlander and Toyota RAV4 which is a bit pricey (you may be better off with an entry level mid-size SUV for your money).

If you want to be different, you may also choose the Ssangyong Actyon.

Then the GM Captiva but it did not really capture a big chunk of the market.

And not to forget Motortrend's compact SUV for 2008 which is the Subaru Forester.

But if I were to choose and for my money, I would go for the 2.0L CRV. Its more practical to own one compare to the Subaru and the Japanese CBUs mentioned, its no slouch in the looks department (cf. Actyon), and more modern than the aged Escape and Xtrail.

If you want diesel then the Korean twins would be it.
    Last edited by Gerbo; August 15th, 2009 at 11:20 PM.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
battle of compact suv