New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    D-max for me too.

2. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    For hardcore workhorse use with lots of off roading, I'd go with the D-Max. Wide max torque range is a boon. I believe this is also the only one among the three where you won't be feeling much of the effects of turbo lag. I've driven the 4x2 LT (IPV variant) and assuming that they have the same brake system, I'd say the brakes bite very well despite the rear drums and lack of ABS. Ride quality definitely isn't the best, though handling is quite acceptable for a truck.

If the "recreation" part is more important, you'd probably appreciate the Strada's bigger backseat and more comfortable ride in general. The power amenities are also a swaying point for me, though having them installed in the D-Max shouldn't be much of a problem. If it helps, I'd also mention that the Strada has a much heavier steering than the D-Max.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by vinj View Post
    Magaling ka naman mag-drive eh.

But yes, ABS is an important safety feature.
    Trying to phase in safety features para mas idiot proof. I am that idiot sometimes. Hehe. We have srs on our other units, the Grandia and Older starex both have abs i think. My mb100 is the only one without airbags and abs.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Our company uses several Strada GLS for the field personnel. Very capable naman off-road. Usually yung mga site na pinupuntahan ay nasa bundok.

OT: Pero come to think of it, L300 lang dati service ng aming field personnel. baka inaahon nila din ng bundok yun. LOL

5. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    For company use i vote for Dmax but if you are equipping a fleet the L200 appeals also beacause aside from the advantage of having ABS they give a not-so-insubstantial discount. For one unit i inquired before less 50k so savings add up when quite quickly when more units are bought. I'm not sure though exactly how much more they can get less if you get more units.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by A121 View Post
    Our company uses several Strada GLS for the field personnel. Very capable naman off-road. Usually yung mga site na pinupuntahan ay nasa bundok.

OT: Pero come to think of it, L300 lang dati service ng aming field personnel. baka inaahon nila din ng bundok yun. LOL
    How times change no? Before, families could get around using an L300 or Lite Ace with less than 100hp. Companies would use a Nissan Bida, Tamaraw or L300 FB, and okay na. Ngayon, maunahan lang ng turbocharged Evo or Subaru sa highway, or hindi makatabo ng 200kph, underpowered na daw.

Some companies (i.e. Chevron) have mandatory safety requirements for company cars (dual airbags, ABS).

7. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by vinj View Post
    How times change no? Before, families could get around using an L300 or Lite Ace with less than 100hp. Companies would use a Nissan Bida, Tamaraw or L300 FB, and okay na. Ngayon, maunahan lang ng turbocharged Evo or Subaru sa highway, or hindi makatabo ng 200kph, underpowered na daw.

Some companies (i.e. Chevron) have mandatory safety requirements for company cars (dual airbags, ABS).
    kaya nagpalit na ng fleet yung mga distributors/logistics nila. puro tractor heads with safety features na.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by crazy_boy View Post
    kaya nagpalit na ng fleet yung mga distributors/logistics nila. puro tractor heads with safety features na.
    Kahit sa mga employee cars, mandated yung safety features. Natutuwa nga ako when i see nice trucks on the road (yung mga bagong Volvo, Hino truck heads).

9. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Strada will do the best job for this category. The Brute is kinda useless 4x4 without the LSD, i like the gray interior thou.

Doc, ayaw mo TOTL? Ganda nyan S&R vehicle.

Another option is K2700 4x4 para derecho abulance..hehe
    Last edited by 12vdc; August 5th, 2013 at 09:05 PM.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Shell also mandates ABS and SRS for fleet vehicles and even personal vehicles if it will be availed through their car plan.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast