New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Fellow Tsikoteers:

Our company is contemplating to either get a Toyota Avanza 1.3E or a Suzuki APV Bare Model. Either will be used to transport our agents and clients. And we also plan to use it for delivery of our goods, on the average, around 500kg at a time.

Which one will be your pic? I hope those who own either one can give feedback on payload capacity, fuel consumption and overall reliability.

Thanks!

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Our company opted to purchase the bare model of the APV simply because it's cheaper. :lol:

Kidding aside, the APV has more grunt than the Avanza. Quite useful if it's jam packed with engineers & their equipment. It also has a slight advantage in terms of interior space.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    for me, i see the APV as the better one.
    why? it can be used for business affairs as well as goods and people carrier.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    The interior of the Avanza is just so... plain... compared to anything else... but I believe the 1.3 version should be a little more economical than the 1.6 APV (MT to MT).

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

5. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Locally, there is no 1.3E Avanza.

The APV has more space than the Avanza and is heavier. The 1.3J Avanza has a better power to weight ratio than the APV.

All local Avanzas have dual aircon. Not all models of the APV are dual aircon.

1.3 DOHC VVTi vs 1.6 SOHC carb engine. This 2 engines almost have the same power and torque.
    Last edited by meledson; January 23rd, 2008 at 05:19 PM.

6. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Baka 1.3J ang ibig sabihin nang TS.

mukhang mas malaki nga ang APV.. it can sit 8.. so mas marami kang maisasakay.. mas marami ka ring mailalagay na cargo.. kaya lang wala yatang aircon sa likod ang bare na APV.. tsaka mas malakas ang consumo sa gas nang APV.

Mas madami din akong nakikitang Avanza kesa APV.

Available na yata test drive nang Avanza ngayon.. so maganda dyan.. eh i test drive mo pareho.. then you decide.

7. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    check m din yung APV and Avanza threads.. madami ka makukuhang info don..

8. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by _Qwerty_ View Post
    check m din yung APV and Avanza threads.. madami ka makukuhang info don..
    I bumped the thread para mabasa mo. Daming info na ang nakalagay dito.

9. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Hi Guys!

Sorry, I was referring to the Avanza 1.3J pala.

Qwerty and Meledson, salamat sa link. It's indeed helpful.

M2, kamusta actual fuel consumption ng APV niyo? Big deciding factor kasi ito.

Thanks to all again!

10. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    APV mga 7 to 9 Km per liter.

I have a 1.3J avanza. for severral months now my FC is between 12 to 14 typically. I average at about 13 Km per liter mixed city and hiway. I am not an "economical" driver.
    Last edited by meledson; January 24th, 2008 at 03:12 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Avanza 1.3E or APV Basic