• Pick-up

15 55.56%
  • Either/No difference

2 7.41%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Dennis View Post
    have you tried driving any of the new pick-ups lately (i.e. strada, d-max, ranger) ???

auv's are certainly more fuel efficient than pickups on city driving, but when u do decide to take some out of town trips, you'll wish you've gotten a pickup instead....
    pickup are not really well-suited for out of town trips. not enough leg room and not enough breathing space in the crew cabin when jampacked

sa pickup sigurado mamimitig mga paa mo pero kailangan tiisin ang long drive. and when you arrive at the destination, isa pang parusa yun abutin yun bags lalo na kung nasa far end ng cargo area, if with bedtop cover or carryboy.

2. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    I'd recommend an AUV for city driving. Madaming loko ngayon, you'll never know when some jerk dumps pieces of trash on your pick-up's cargo bed just for kicks.

Much as I am smitten by the new Strada, I'd still prefer a covered vehicle when going on out of town trips; I have this thing about protecting my passengers and cargo from the elements as much as possible.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    The AUV would be the better cityslicker... easier to drive, better fuel efficiency and interior comfort for passengers. However, i would choose a pick-up given my preferences. =)

4. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by oldblue View Post
    pickup are not really well-suited for out of town trips. not enough leg room and not enough breathing space in the crew cabin when jampacked

sa pickup sigurado mamimitig mga paa mo pero kailangan tiisin ang long drive. and when you arrive at the destination, isa pang parusa yun abutin yun bags lalo na kung nasa far end ng cargo area, if with bedtop cover or carryboy.
    which leads me to my previous question....have u tried the newer pickups?....

I would say the legroom in most pickups right now are far better than those found on most AUVs (at least in the strada) even at the back....suspensions found on auv's are bone jarring compared to the latest pickups....

but you're correct, cargo space is the auv's advantage over the pickup but with todays aftermarket options on pickup storage....i would say the advantage isn't that big at all.....

bottomline....practicality wise, the auv wins. but if you want to have some fun (and attitude) along with it, choose a pickup....the compromises are minimal compared to the bonuses of owning one....

5. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Hi All! Howdy! Am new here, but hayan, I'm convinced that it's pick-up for me and my a-budding Batangas farm. I could perhaps get a decent one for around P200k; a hi lux or an L2 maybe, or long shot for an aging but still raging Ranger...Ciao!

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Pick up for me! We've been hauling large frame steels, 10-15 foot long wooden planks, and a 20 sacks of 50 kilos of sand, large refrigerators, ladders, etc. In my case mas practical ang pick up. But if you want to haul people go for an AUV.

As for the major consideration in fuel effeciency. There is no difference if both are diesel powered. Except for the hilux E variant with a d4d 2.5litre engine at 102hp. I average between 10-12km/itre city driving. Masanay ka nga lang dapat sa katalbugan.

7. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Ill go with the pickup pref strada, my uncle has one and the leg room is more than enough kahit magpapadjak ka pa plus comfy ride din.

I dont like 7+ seaters simply because people will just ride with me instead of bringing their own cars.

If you love ferrying people around AUV parin. Fuel consumption of both vehicles is almost the same (diesel). But the purpose of pickups is to carry big amount of loads, if you dont do activities like this dont bother getting a pick up unless you really like the (macho)looks

8. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    pick up for me, pero bakit di ka nalang bumili ng kotse? yong maliit engine mas tipid yon since mapasabak ka lang sa traffic araw araw.

9. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    sa road condition ng Pilipinas, I will go for pick up. Gamit ko isuzu d-max everyday papunta school. Walang problema kahit may flood. IMO, kung ikaw nagddrive ng pick up, its like ur just driving a car except that its bigger and taller.

10. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    AUV ako nahihirapan ako sa pickup mahaba kasi e, halos parehas naman ang gas niyan pag diesel pero dipende kung gano kabigat dala mo

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
AUV vs. Pick-up for city driving