New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

View Poll Results: which would be a better restoration project???

Voters
34. You may not vote on this poll
  • '62 vw karmann ghia

15 44.12%
  • '69 austin mini cooper

19 55.88%
Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    i have been in search for a project car for restoration, and have narrowed down my choices to a '69 mini cooper and a '62 vw karmann ghia. both are in good running condition and would be needing a paint job. both are in the same price range. in your opinion, which is better restoration project? as of the mean time, i am leaning towards the karmann because it is more rare compared to the mini. advice and suggestions will be very much appreciated. thanks in advance.

2. Join Date
    May 2006
    Karmann would be better for me. As you said it's rare compared to Mini. I've never seen a Karmann in years compared to Mini. But both are very good. How about getting both.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    I choose the Karmann Ghia just because I'm a VW fan. But the Mini is a good project car too.

On weekends you will see a good example of a Karmann Ghia parked somewhere in Legaspi Village, one of those streets that are perpendicular to Paseo de Roxas in between Legaspi and De La Rosa, but alas the name escapes me.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    pede both?!?

5. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    i think the Mini drives better...my votes goes to Mini.

macho sounding engine, light and tossable feeling "daw"...

ive heard the engine sound of uncle's Mini pero di ko na-drive kase bata pa ako nun eh... pero ang ganda talaga.

6. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    karmann ghia !

7. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    kg.if you can find one in good condition.

8. Join Date
    May 2006
    Mas ok yata ang mini cooper

9. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Karmann Ghia, hands-down...

10. Join Date
    May 2006
    Both cars are great to restore and for me it as what happens after the restoration that also counts; driving. Im tall so you might think that I would go for the karmann ghia but no. Actually I've driven a really good Ghia some years back but then my first impression is that it was a bit sluggish.

I like the cooper because its such a fun car to drive . The cooper that I was able to drive before was a rover, very quick and responsive which suggested years of driving bliss!

my 2 cents.

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
Austin Mini Cooper or VW Karmann Ghia?