New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    With discounts being given by car dealers, for almost the same price range, which would you prefer? The 2.0 Lancer EX GLX m/t, which is the base model of the EX line up or the 1.8 2010 Chevy Cruze LS, the fully loaded m/t model? Hope you can help me out.

2. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Do you have a lead foot? If so, take the Lancer, the gem of an engine has great potential and has been seen to conquer way above the 200 km/h mark in stock form. For me, other than the engine, the Cruze is better in all other aspects.

3. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    This is a toughie for me... The Cruze is good value car with better features, pero Lancer EX na lang ako by a hair's margin...

4. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    i go for the cruze yes it's just 1.8L but since it is m/t in comparo it will be more fuel effecient with decent power plus its loaded of features than base model lancer ex....
    Last edited by saipeme; July 21st, 2010 at 06:51 PM.

5. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Thanks for your suggestions. This will be my daily ride. Ive always loved the Lancer since Ive owned the 95 and 02 models. But the loaded features and the interior of the Cruze made me think otherwise. Plus, the ride comfort is significantly much better... However, from the engine & looks department, the Ex wins hands down.... ..

6. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    The CY4A Lancer has a few drawbacks:
    - Cheap interior plastics (in rather obvious locations)
    - Small trunk space
    - Bulky and heavy body - this car will welcome a CF hood
    - Bad rear visibility especially if you've got the stock rear wing

But good Lord is it fun to drive. Rides surprisingly well too, even on the GT's stock 18" wheels and 45-profile rubber.

I don't have first-hand feedback on the Cruze yet, sadly, but impressions from my friends are very promising. It has no problem attacking Batangas Racing Circuit.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    My pick would be the Chevy Cruze.

I just don't know about it's maintenance cost. If you're wondering why am I saying this over and over again all throughout the forum -, one answer ... the chevy optra made me so.

8. Join Date
    Dec 2009
    If my budget is already maxed out, Cruze. otherwise, Lancer FTW!

Possible upgrade for Lancer EX:
    GTA mags
    Sound set-up
    CF interior (GTA look)

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by cdlmd View Post
    With discounts being given by car dealers, for almost the same price range, which would you prefer? The 2.0 Lancer EX GLX m/t, which is the base model of the EX line up or the 1.8 2010 Chevy Cruze LS, the fully loaded m/t model? Hope you can help me out.

You should have a test drive in both cars before making a decision.

Honestly, the ride of the Lancer EX cannot be matched by any other car in the category. You will need to look at cars like the Camry and Accord to have the same level of smooth ride.

I own a Lancer EX GLS. My only mod (exterior) is the 18 inch GT wheels & matching 225/40 tires. Improves the handling like day & night. The stock 16 inch wheels gave it a softer ride but also made the handling "lazy".

I love every time I go out and walk to the car. It looks great just sitting there and feels even better when you have the road to floor the gas and feel it accelerate.

The bad points about the Lancer EX is true like the smallish trunk and the plastic dash but the big interior, comfy seats and powerful engine does more than make up for those. As for the rear window, its not an issue until parking. For that, I just had parking sensors installed to aid me when parking.

10. Join Date
    Jun 2010
    I am a Mitsubishi fanboy so obviously I would opt for the Lancer EX GLX pero yung Chevy Cruze is also a great car plus ang makukuha mo yung fully loaded na ang features so I would opt for the Cruze on this one. Lancer EX GLX is actually loaded na rin for me IMO (rear wing and GT mags lang naman ang kailangan mong i-upgrade). My vote still goes for the Cruze.

If you would ask so why Cruze, my brother owns one abroad, a good car too.

Medyo mahirap ang choices mo, pero kung yung Chevy Cruze papalitan mo nang either Altis or Civic, wala nang tanong tanong, Lancer EX kaagad ako hehe.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Chevy Cruze 1.8LS M/T or Lancer EX GLX M/T