New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Yeah, nothing against using proven and quality power trains and suspension parts from established brands. It's how the ad was delivered. They make it sound like they've built a Ferrari. It's false advertising at its finest.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

2. Join Date
    Jan 2016
    If you read their FB page, price has gone up from 1m+ to 2.5m, seriously? i'd rather get an accord

3. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    So this is like a kit car. Its a good start, a lot of car companies started out as kit car makers (e.g. Lotus).

4. Join Date
    Jun 2011
    It looks enticing to produced the first ever phil. Made car.. not neccesary a super car... kahit a small and efficient people mover... it can only be done with foreign support..

Honestly parang gusto ko ganyan bus. Pero wala akong pera.. but i know where to start..

5. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    "Super Car" is pushing it. "Kit Car", definitely.

I fully agree that it's a good start but I hope they don't try to make it appear more than what it is.

6. Join Date
    Jun 2012
    I am more interested and proud dun sa salamander tricycle than this. Surplus engine. Tapos super car na?

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

7. Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by oj88 View Post
    "Super Car" is pushing it. "Kit Car", definitely.

I fully agree that it's a good start but I hope they don't try to make it appear more than what it is.
    Kit car with a surplus engine.. this should be priced cheaper than a vios...

8. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Jeep nga mas mahal pa sa Wigo. You have to understand that economy cars can be made cheap because they have economies of scale.

Making a one-off kit car is expensive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Incorrect post

10. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    The first prototype, which was featured here on tsikot way back in 2007, was powered by a standard B16A.

The second prototype had a 4G63T, but also used Mitsubishi suspension parts and was compromised by that, since the suspension bits mount higher than the double-wishbones from the Civic.

The third prototype was basically the first one with a new engine and body work, and is the one they've had doing the rounds of the car shows over the past two years. That has a turbocharged B16... tuned to 10 psi and, from the looks of the dyno, about 300-ish whp? But the motor at full tune in its previous home (a drag-racing SiR) made around 450 whp and was good for 13 second quarter miles. I don't know if the engine still has the legs to do that, however.

The latest prototype, which is an all-new car, uses a 3.0 V6 from an Accord. Not sure how far along it is, at the moment, but having an Accord donor car means they can use the bigger, beefier double-wishbones from that car.

So that's three cars that are complete or almost complete, plus two extra bodies in various stages of construction.

-

We featured the third proto maybe two years ago. There's a video online at TGP. A bit of a gaffe in the video where I say it does 500 bhp at 10 psi... my bad for misunderstanding the PR material!

At the time, the car was rough (interior) but running. Real kit-car-ish, but props to the builder for sticking it out and holding onto his dream for so long. Many guys who make their own body never even finish... let alone get a chance to build it this way.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast