New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

View Poll Results: which is the better german diesel sedan?

Voters
26. You may not vote on this poll
  • BMW

18 69.23%
  • Audi

7 26.92%
  • Neither

1 3.85%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Audi For Me. Sanay na ako sa TDI (VW Caravelle) hehe!!

2. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    According to a friend, the BMW 530d is one of the fastest cars, so far, in PCOTY testing. Very close to the Subaru WRX in terms of off-the-line acceleration.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

3. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Can somebody tell me if these diesels use the twin turbo setup (one small, one bigger) or instead, use the VNT type turbo? Curious ako if the VNT's are in use now in these diesels.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Both, I think. I'm pretty sure the Audi does, not sure if the BMW has VGT or VNT, but it's likely. Compared to the Japanese and Koreans, the Germans' CRDi systems are really powerful.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    I'd go for the Audi... Taken from Carlo's words, the Audi has a more quality feel with the interior. Better comfort siguro...

Reliability is better because its under the VW Group.
    iam3739.com

6. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    my sister used to have an A4 at around the same time I had a 316i (E36), parehong naging sakit sa ulo namin, pero I'll take the lesser evil of the 2, I'll go for BMW

7. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    I've seen BMWs puff the odd cloud of black smoke, too... our local diesel is terrible....

It's a hard choice... the Audi definitely has a bigger and better-appointed interior, but the BMW is faster and better handling....

Uhh.... Focus TDCi? And with the change, I'd buy mags, tires, a bigger exhaust, chip-tuning and a fully adjustable suspension, and I'd coat all the crappy plastic parts with Alcantara...

And with the 1.6 million I'd have left over after the car and mods, I'd buy myself a nice little place in Tagaytay...
    I think thats a good decision Sir para may makasama naman kami ni Gerard Tagaytay dito

8. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Hehe... dapat mag-micro-EB tayo diyan...

9. Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Uhh.... Focus TDCi? And with the change, I'd buy mags, tires, a bigger exhaust, chip-tuning and a fully adjustable suspension, and I'd coat all the crappy plastic parts with Alcantara...

And with the 1.6 million I'd have left over after the car and mods, I'd buy myself a nice little place in Tagaytay...
    I think ibang category and ownership experience na eto. But yah, why go for an expensive car hehe :P

Anyways, hmm...between the two, I think the BMW 320d offers a much better package. Its a relatively new model, more powerful engine, and more service centers to choose from. For the A4, I think there will be a new model soon so baka malaos kaagad sya within a year.

10. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    According to a friend, the BMW 530d is one of the fastest cars, so far, in PCOTY testing. Very close to the Subaru WRX in terms of off-the-line acceleration.
    ot, ala ka pa ba short review sa WRX?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Audi A4 TDI vs BMW 320D