New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    My wife and I are discussing on what to get. I like the APV M/T because of its size and the engine is 1.6 plus the really big space inside. She wants to get the Nissan A/T with 1.3 engine but all powered. She doesn't like the APV because of its appearance. How can I convince her that in the long run the APV is the better choice.

2. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Also the price nga pala kasi are almost the same. The APV M/T cost 632k less 25k while the nissan A/T 1.3 costs 660k less 40k. Pls. help!

3. Join Date
    Nov 2004
    is there a nissan 1.3 AT?

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Nissan Sentra GX is 1.3 A/T with power features, po.

Hmmm...I don't really consider looks when choosing a vehicle. Basta huwag lang sobrang panget (e.g. Stavic).

The APV is more practical and is more metal for the money. It has almost double the capacity of a regular car while still retaining compact dimensions. Kung may out of town kayo or gimik, you can take one APV instead of two sedans. Makes for a more pleasant trip. Dati Galant at Lancer kami kung mag-travel. Nung nagka-L300 na, kahit masikip at matalbog, happy naman during the trip kasi magkakasama.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Has she test driven both?

We have an APV as a service vehicle here at the office and ito ngayon yung favorite car when going out on calls since it's spacious (except if you're the driver or front passenger where the wheel well kinda intrudes on your legroom). Putting bigger/wider tires and rims on the APV helps the stance a bit IMO.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2003
    if your wife will be the one driving then i suggest you get the car otherwise get the apv.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    if it's for everyday car i suggest get the sedan. nothing beats the comfort of a sedan. but kung madalas kayo mag out of town trips with relatives/families get the apv.

8. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    The APV is actually easy to drive.

The one consideration is that the Sentra rides somewhat better and has somewhat better fuel economy (though it can't be spectacular... 1.3 + AT = sluggish in traffic, and poor economy if you're revving it to keep up in free-flowing traffic).

Just get what you need... if you actually need the extra space, okay ang APV.

What about an Avanza? It might be worth a look, being closer to a sedan in stance and looks, but with just a bit less space than the APV... but at your price range, baka medyo bare yung makukuha niyong unit.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Yung APV dito sa Caloocan babae din ang nagmamaneho AFAIK. Pero A/T variant naman.

Size wise, sa height lang malaki ang APV, sa haba at lapad parang typical sedan lang.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

10. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    sorry but i really can't get over the looks of the APV. yung avanza medyo ok pa. so i'd go for the sentra.

(funny, i thought 1.6 na bare yung GX)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
APV or Nissan A/T Sedan