New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by vinj View Post
    Wait a few months after the New Altis is launched. By then supply allocation and discounts will be better. No sense in rushing if you can wait.

The Xtrail is a fine car too as you get a bigger and higher vehicle but do note that it's already old and were not sure what the plans of the new Nissan will be for that model.
    Yes, we can wait a bit longer for the Altis, if ever. It's just that we're also running on a clock with the XTrail promo (it was actually for Dec lang daw, and I'm just asking the SA to extend the deal a bit more since we're still deciding). So part of me wants to wait for the new Altis and part of me wants to grab the good deal for the XTrail.

And yes, that's actually the reason why I wanted the XTrail, the taller height feels like it's more able to combat Metro Manila's flood-prone terrain. Though we live in an area that's high and that thankfully just whisked thru Ondoy and Habagat like any other typhoon, you'll never know someday But my husband shares your sentiments that the XTrail might have parts availability issues 3-5 years down the line since it's an old car, and we intend to keep it for 5-7 years if ever.

2. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Calistro View Post
    As per family feedback, its really an apples to orange comparison when it comes to FC when comparing the current altis and an old body xtrail. Altis crawling Edsa from 8 to 9 km/l while the Xtrail traversing Valenzuela-Ust is arround 6 - 8 km/l.
    From this I can deduce the would-be jump in our gas expenses if ever we go for the XTrail. Thank you!

3. Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Safe choice pa din un Corolla, proven and tested na un pero for versatility ill go with the Xtrail (biased lang ) i wont mind the looks nya kahit old, but thats just me..or just wait sa New Corolla Altis lalabas na un new body na

4. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Although that coming Altis MIGHT not have the same FC as the current one. Parang un current gen vios vs the batman style, mas mabigat ung bago kaya medyo mas malakas sa gas ng onti. This coming from manong taxi driver heheh.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2013
    [QUOTE=dr. d;2289097]
    Quote Originally Posted by vvti2.0 View Post
    Di naman ata pwede i-compare ang fuel consumption ng 1.6 at 2.0, lalo na magkaibang maker ng makina heheheh....

why not? car buyers, especially fuel misers, do it all the time.
    to some people, km/li is paramount. the other factors are secondary.
    to some buyers, poor km/li is actually a deal-breaker.
    Parang it's comparing the obvious, same fuel but different displacement, siempre mas malakas yung malaki displacement.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by cherice View Post

And I would want a belt (CVT) instead of gears because? What are the advantages of a CVT over 4-speed?
    CVT does get rid of the "traditional" shift shock the older 4-speed ATs had.. but i hear the newer non-CVTs have very little, if any, shift shock..
    some say CVT has better "geartrain management", resulting in optimized performance, but i haven't really experienced this.. nabasa ko lang..
    which is more matibay now? dunno...

7. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by cherice View Post
    But my husband shares your sentiments that the XTrail might have parts availability issues 3-5 years down the line since it's an old car, and we intend to keep it for 5-7 years if ever.
    Sa 5 to 7 years wala masyado sakit ng ulo basta maintained properly. Para sakin an xtrail have all the advantage except for the gas consumption but trust me, mapapamura ka lang sa gas sa una Pero in the long run, you'll never want to go back to a car.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    [quote=vvti2.0;2289305]
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post

Parang it's comparing the obvious, same fuel but different displacement, siempre mas malakas yung malaki displacement.
    yes, it is obvious. but only to the informed. and there are always exceptions.. i have a 1.6 car who thinks it's a crv... a 2.5 diesel delivering 11 km/li, while the 2.0 gas does only 7 km/li...
    there are many newbies out there who don't even know what engine displacement means.

9. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    If the Altis does 9 km/L and the X-Trail does 6 km/L, you'll be spending 33% more on fuel.

If you travel 1500 km a month, that's roughly 3,000 pesos more. Not that much really, especially in exchange for more ground clearance and space. But the old X-Trail feels really old especially if you compare it to the new Altis. It's basically the same car since 2003.

As to the question why you would want a CVT - simply put, it's more efficient. The old Altis 2.0 came first with a 4AT then a CVT. We had the 4AT and it only did 6-7 km/L in city driving. The CVT reportedly does 7-8 in the same conditions. Thus, if the current Altis does 8-9 km/L, the new one could potentially do 9-10, perhaps even 11 if you take into consideration that its reportedly lighter.

Posted via Tsikot Mobile App

10. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    for the gasoline point of view, kumbaga kahit 60-70k nalang at x-trail na mabibili mo kaysa sa altis. tuwing gagamitin mo naman yung x-trail mo mararamdaman mo na sana nag-altis ka nalang. again for fuel consumption point of view not the whole x-trail thing.

Sent using Pera Padala

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Apples to Oranges: All-New Toyota Altis or Nissan XTrail 2.0 or Honda City 1.5EL?