New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    I also don't like the interior of the x-trail. It looks dated.

2. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    by the way, forgot to mention, always buy during months end. usually ung mga hindi nakaquota dyan bumibigay ng mas maayos na deal.

3. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by vvti2.0 View Post
    Di naman ata pwede i-compare ang fuel consumption ng 1.6 at 2.0, lalo na magkaibang maker ng makina heheheh....

Parehas na nga 2.0 same maker pa, iba pa rin ang consumption.

Sabi nila x-trail is around 5-6 km/l mixed highway and city driving.
    Hindi talaga pwede... I'm not saying that to compare but to let the ts know how the xtrail consume gas.

It's so obvious na malayo consumption nila. No need to point that out.

Xtrail is a better buy if it's compared to the Altis in my opinion. Sarap sakyan ng xtrail, crv, rav4.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    [QUOTE=vvti2.0;2289077]Di naman ata pwede i-compare ang fuel consumption ng 1.6 at 2.0, lalo na magkaibang maker ng makina heheheh....

why not? car buyers, especially fuel misers, do it all the time.
    to some people, km/li is paramount. the other factors are secondary.
    to some buyers, poor km/li is actually a deal-breaker.
    Last edited by dr. d; January 4th, 2014 at 02:17 AM.

5. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by cherice View Post
    *jut703: Is the CVT the same with nissan continuously variable valve timing control? that's the one in the 2.0L AT variant we are looking at...
    CVT and CVVT are two totally different things.

CVT is a type of transmission. It stands for Continuously Variable Transmission. It functions like a conventional automatic car, but with a belt instead of gears. Both the new Altis and new X-Trail have CVTs. The outgoing Altis and previous-gen X-Trail have conventional 4-speed ATs.

CVVT is an engine valve management technology. CVVT is to Nissan as VVTi is to Toyota.

Posted via Tsikot Mobile App

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Wait a few months after the New Altis is launched. By then supply allocation and discounts will be better. No sense in rushing if you can wait.

The Xtrail is a fine car too as you get a bigger and higher vehicle but do note that it's already old and were not sure what the plans of the new Nissan will be for that model.

7. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by brainmafia_310 View Post
    hmmm... i suggest you look at toyota abad santos. usually when you visit the casa they ahve a board wherein it displayed the top seller to almost non performing dealership within the metro. i suggest you hunt down the non performing dealership for better and bigge discounts especially on month ends. oh by the way, most of them have surplus units din.
    Thanks, but I did call up all dealerships in the Metro around 1st week of Dec (even those in Bulacan and Cavite, haha) but they didn't have our preferred unit na. But you're right, if we can wait a bit more, the New Altis will be worth it, esp. since I'm already missing my 10th gen! I have fond memories with that car.

Btw, what are surplus units?

8. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    CVT and CVVT are two totally different things.

CVT is a type of transmission. It stands for Continuously Variable Transmission. It functions like a conventional automatic car, but with a belt instead of gears. Both the new Altis and new X-Trail have CVTs. The outgoing Altis and previous-gen X-Trail have conventional 4-speed ATs.

CVVT is an engine valve management technology. CVVT is to Nissan as VVTi is to Toyota.

Posted via Tsikot Mobile App
    Wow! Such brevity! I've been trying to look up these terms in the past hoping I would understand them but I get lost in the sea of jargons But your explanation is very simple and understandable, thank you!

So...my old Altis (10th gen) and the 2.0L Xtrail have the same 4-speed ATs? Does that mean that performance-wise, they're the same? Honestly, I just used the R, D, and N in my old Altis...and I was quite fine with it

And I would want a belt (CVT) instead of gears because? What are the advantages of a CVT over 4-speed?

9. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by [archie] View Post
    Xtrail vs Altis? No question, I'll take the xtrail (that is kung handa na mashock sa gas consumption).
    Will the difference really be that big? In the XTrail thread, some guys are saying around 6km/l. For Altis...I don't know, haha! I just know I was spending an average of P3,500 per month on gas, but I never bothered computing for the FC because I feel the amount is reasonable naman. For the XTrail, do I expect it to double or triple or quadruple given that it's a compact SUV?
    Hmm...I guess if I know how many kms I drive per week it will be easy to compute, but since I don't know, I feel the question is a bit stupid, sorry
    I just feel that with a price diff of just about 65k on the unit price, the latter feels like a very lucrative offer. But the upfront lower costs could be more than offset by much higher long-term maintenance costs, so I'm confused...

10. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    As per family feedback, its really an apples to orange comparison when it comes to FC when comparing the current altis and an old body xtrail. Altis crawling Edsa from 8 to 9 km/l while the Xtrail traversing Valenzuela-Ust is arround 6 - 8 km/l.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Apples to Oranges: All-New Toyota Altis or Nissan XTrail 2.0 or Honda City 1.5EL?