New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    All-New Toyota Altis has a long waiting list and offers no cash discounts. We're also told that to be "prioritized" in the unit allocation, we have to go for in-house financing. Cash or company PO transactions will most likely take much longer to be given a unit. We're looking at the 1.6G AT variant which is pegged at 935K.

Meanwhile, Nissan is offering the 2.0 AT variant pegged at 1.085M with a cash discount of 86K. This will allow us to get a subcompact SUV for only 999K, which is the same price of the new Altis 1.6V variant. The unit is available readily so that means we will be able to get the new car asap! A very tempting offer indeed.

On the periphery is the Honda City 1.5EL, which, being TOTL, has leather seats and very posh looking on the inside. Plenty of nice buttons to play around with. Price is at 871K, no cash discount currently being offered.

I know these 3 belong to different categories, but if you were to assess it individually, how would you rate each? And how would you make your choice?

PS
    My last ride was also an Altis matic. The new Altis is thus our default choice but the long waiting time and in-house financing catch are a bit of a disappointment. I prefer the Xtrail, but my husband is doubtful of Nissan's maintenance costs and availability of parts...

2. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by cherice View Post
    I know these 3 belong to different categories, but if you were to assess it individually, how would you rate each? And how would you make your choice?
    I am looking into buying the same unit - 1.6 G A/T. I have been told as well that there will be no discounts. I expected that already since it's a new model. I am bargaining for free LTO but that would mean I would be bumped into the end of the waiting list. I would still go for Toyota, I don't mind the long waiting time. Subok na Toyota e. The Honda City you are considering may be TOTL but it is still a subcompact. I would still go for the bigger car. Re Nissan, in my lifetime, we've never owned one, unless datsun is also nissan (?), so for some reason, I never really considered the brand

3. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Do you need a new car right now already?
    If you don't, a little patience goes a long way for the Altis.

What X-Trail is this that's netting 999k? If it's the old body, forget it. If it's the current one (with the CVT), that's a more modern car with lots of space, but be prepared for the higher running costs of an SUV vs a sedan (gas, tires, parts, etc).

I'd rank it:
    1. Altis - new model, reliable brand, easy to own
    2. X-Trail - higher ground clearance, more space
    3. City - cheapest, also frugal, but very unexciting

Posted via Tsikot Mobile App

4. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Thanks both for your prompt replies! Much appreciated!

*cathy_for_you: Did your SA tell you how long you will be waiting for the unit allocation?

*jut703: Is the CVT the same with nissan continuously variable valve timing control? that's the one in the 2.0L AT variant we are looking at...

5. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Thanks both for your prompt replies! Much appreciated!

*cathy_for_you: Did your SA tell you how long you will be waiting for the unit allocation? ...
    Nope. Their launching it on the 2nd week of January ata. I might drop by the casa then.

6. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    i suggest wait for a month or two, when the new vios (3rd gen) is coming out, wala daw discount na kayang ibigay sa akin toyota. so i end up buying gen 2.5 with lots of discount (around 150k for 1.3 G M/T).

i was surprised that after 2 or 3 months of launching the 3rd gen vios, eto na umuulan na ng discounts again.

kung hindi ka naman picky, at major facelift alng ang meron sa altis, why not go to the old model and haggle for a bigger and better discount. just my 2 cents.

hth.

7. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by brainmafia_310 View Post
    i suggest wait for a month or two, when the new vios (3rd gen) is coming out, wala daw discount na kayang ibigay sa akin toyota. so i end up buying gen 2.5 with lots of discount (around 150k for 1.3 G M/T).

i was surprised that after 2 or 3 months of launching the 3rd gen vios, eto na umuulan na ng discounts again.

kung hindi ka naman picky, at major facelift alng ang meron sa altis, why not go to the old model and haggle for a bigger and better discount. just my 2 cents.

hth.
    We were really after the old gen, since it looks more classy than sporty. And lots of discounts! But they ran out of units before we could get one, only the black MT variants were left at the time and we were looking for an AT variant...

8. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    We were really after the old gen, since it looks more classy than sporty. And lots of discounts! But they ran out of units before we could get one, only the black MT variants were left at the time and we were looking for an AT variant...
    hmmm... i suggest you look at toyota abad santos. usually when you visit the casa they ahve a board wherein it displayed the top seller to almost non performing dealership within the metro. i suggest you hunt down the non performing dealership for better and bigge discounts especially on month ends. oh by the way, most of them have surplus units din.

9. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Xtrail vs Altis? No question, I'll take the xtrail (that is kung handa na mashock sa gas consumption).

10. Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Di naman ata pwede i-compare ang fuel consumption ng 1.6 at 2.0, lalo na magkaibang maker ng makina heheheh....

Parehas na nga 2.0 same maker pa, iba pa rin ang consumption.

Sabi nila x-trail is around 5-6 km/l mixed highway and city driving.

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast
Apples to Oranges: All-New Toyota Altis or Nissan XTrail 2.0 or Honda City 1.5EL?