New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    mga tsikot, Anu ba mas maganda na car engine LPG vs Diesel, saan ba mas makakatipid ng fuel,maintenance overall, may mga nakita akong sedan na may diesel at meron ding Lpg, let's say parehong stock sila........thanks

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by stryke1 View Post
    mga tsikot, Anu ba mas maganda na car engine LPG vs Diesel, saan ba mas makakatipid ng fuel,maintenance overall, may mga nakita akong sedan na may diesel at meron ding Lpg, let's say parehong stock sila........thanks
    LPG consumption is still the same as your consumption as in gasoline or diesel. So if you consume 10 kpl in gas, you would also consume the same 10 kpl in LPG. the only thing you save is the cost.

so let's say you fill up with 30 liters of LPG which costs 30 pesos per liter = 900 pesos.

and you fill up with 30 liters of gasoline which costs at 58 pesos per liter = 1740 pesos.

at the same distance, you saved 840 pesos.

same as with diesels.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Depends, if you were buying a new car... some cars get really amazing fuel mileage like the Hyundai Accent and good fuel mileage for the Ford Focus turbo diesel. Very economical to drive. That's even compared to auto-lpg's cheaper price (but not including the purchase price of the vehicle itself).

But since most of us already have an existing gasoline fueled car which does good average fuel mileage, it just makes better sense to simply convert that car to using auto-LPG than buying a new car.

Also, even if you were to buy a very economical car, the cost of buying the new car as compared to the fuel savings, it would take you more than five to ten years to recoup the cost of the vehicle with the savings in fuel cost.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by 1D4LV View Post
    LPG consumption is still the same as your consumption as in gasoline or diesel. So if you consume 10 kpl in gas, you would also consume the same 10 kpl in LPG. the only thing you save is the cost.

so let's say you fill up with 30 liters of LPG which costs 30 pesos per liter = 900 pesos.

and you fill up with 30 liters of gasoline which costs at 58 pesos per liter = 1740 pesos.

at the same distance, you saved 840 pesos.

same as with diesels.
    ok, maybe the diference is the cost value ng fuel, syempre dahil sa tax, pero how about the fuel consumption, lets example the Getz for gas version = 14km/L, for diesel CDRI = 17km/L, so meaning mas malayo ang mararating ng diesel with same amount of fuel like 35liters, (fulltank)....just my insight lang

5. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    +1 to boss GH.

If you are shopping for a new car get the Accent or Focus TCDi. You can't beat the 25Km/L and 20Km/L respectively. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

LPG is your only option if you have an existing gasoline fed car.

6. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    personally, since i'm not into engine modifications, i'd stick to a stock/out of the box system. so it's diesel for me.

7. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    ok, maybe the diference is the cost value ng fuel, syempre dahil sa tax, pero how about the fuel consumption, lets example the Getz for gas version = 14km/L, for diesel CDRI = 17km/L, so meaning mas malayo ang mararating ng diesel with same amount of fuel like 35liters, (fulltank)....just my insight lang

Everything else equal, yes, definitely. Kita mo naman sa rate of fuel consumption. Plus, at a lower cost pa, dahil diesel nga na mas mura sa gas....

6303:fetch:

8. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Ang talo mo na lang sa diesel is yung car mismo mahal. Let's say sa Getz yung 1.1 na gas vs yung 1.5 na diesel laki ng price gap na mahirap ma-justify yung price gap unless you have high mileage like 15,000km a year or more... So hindi sya automatic diesel kaagad, depende yan sa mileage mo.

take in to cost ng gasoline when your ride is converted to lpg.. mga 500/ month(est) for starting purposes daw..

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by coiter View Post
    personally, since i'm not into engine modifications, i'd stick to a stock/out of the box system. so it's diesel for me.
    You can also have a dealer installed auto-LPG kit but those tends to be a bit more expensive than having it done "outside". Toyota Phil deals with Macro for their "dealer" equipped LPG converted cars.

You can also buy a Nissan Sentra and have it converted and still keep the warranty. Of course you have to check with the dealer because it would differ between branches. Nissan Balintawak and UN are the branches which retains the warranty when the car is LPG converted.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Anu ba mas maganda na car engine LPG vs Diesel!