New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    good day to all..

im planning to buy a second hand car po this week,,
    kya lng cant decide kung alin sa tatlo po ang kukunin ko
    03-05 FORD LYNX RS (sbi nila mazda ang loob)
    99-00 HONDA CIVIC SIR (matanda na 9-10yrs old)
    04-05 LANCER GLX/GLS (medyo mahal pa 400k)

mga sir comment nman po dyan kung ano best buy sa tatlo..
    hindi nmn po issue skin yung resale value kasi im not planning to sell it nmn..

my budget is 350k-380k po..

thanks in advance sa lahat..

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    [SIZE="5"]REMINDER: SMS/TXT format posts are not welcome in Tsikot.com... Do not use ALIEN languages here. Use ENGLISH or TAGALOG.[/SIZE]

3. Join Date
    Sep 2008
    hmmm...

Civic..just have needed parts repaired/replaced so that it will be in tip top condition

4. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Since newer but out-of-budget Lancer is no longer an option then its a battle between Ford Lynx RS vs Honda Civic SIR.

This would really help:http://tsikot.yehey.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18741

5. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    sir Gerbo

thanks po sa links na post mo...

siguro i'll just consider na lng the age, safety features, lalo na yung interior ng lynx..
    im not a racer naman eh,, occasionally lang pag meron maangas sa daan..hehe
    pero when it comes in features eh lamang na lamang talaga ang lynx, sunroof,sports seats, dashboard, everything about d interior.
    2nd hand na nga lng bibilhin ko pipiliin ko pa ba naman luma..syempre sa bagobago n kahit papano.hehehe
    tnx ulit sir Gerbo..BIG HELP tlga yun!!

tnx

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    The Ford Lynx RS might sound like a good car but it does have it's weak points.

The car itself is heavy. The engine is limited to rev up to 6500rpm (other engines can reach 7,000 or more RPMs). The RS' engine tend to drink motor oil when pushed hard and at high RPM (this has lead to some RS' engines blowing up when raced on the track).

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    i don't know, but i kinda like the Lynx RS. kakaiba tayo nya.

8. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    mabigat pala ang LYNX RS., siguro magandang way e palitan na lang ng CF accs. like hood and compartment,,kahit papano mkaka less na siguro sa weight ng RS,, and about naman sa oil problems,e regular check lng cguro ng engine oil db sir ghost..
    about naman sa 6500rpm ok lng po yun..hindi naman po issue sakin yung high rev and speed.karamihan kasi ng honda SIR e modified na,,bihira na makakita ng all stock from the first day of purchase eh.

thanks din sir ghosthunter..this weekend pa naman kami bibili..i still have time to think.tnx

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by japtears View Post
    mabigat pala ang LYNX RS., siguro magandang way e palitan na lang ng CF accs. like hood and compartment,,kahit papano mkaka less na siguro sa weight ng RS
    Are you willing to pay P12 to P16K each for a CF hood and trunk? And I don't think it would remove that much weight. Just comparing, a 96 Sentra is 200 kilograms lighter than the RS.

,, and about naman sa oil problems,e regular check lng cguro ng engine oil db sir ghost..
    nope, my friend Niky drives a modified RS and he lost 1 liter of motor oil jsut driving from Manila to Subic (we reached Subic in 1 hour from Manila so you can just estimate how fast we were driving). My Sentra's SR20 engine didn't loose any oil, yet Niky's car lost 1 liter just going one way. It's not a matter of regular checks, the RS' engine simply cannot maintain high revs too long without consuming oil.

about naman sa 6500rpm ok lng po yun..hindi naman po issue sakin yung high rev and speed.karamihan kasi ng honda SIR e modified na,,bihira na makakita ng all stock from the first day of purchase eh.
    Depends on what you plan to do with the car. If you just want a car to drive from point A to B, then it might be fine. BUT if you plan to upgrade it to be faster, you might be going for an expensive and painful route, a route littered with many blown and broken engines. You might want to check with the Protegetech forum as well as the local Ford car club for their inputs.

10. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    The only way to make big power from the RS is to turbo. High power, low revs, lots of fun.

But then you need better brakes, a beefier clutch, and a 200,000 peso budget.

Hey, we were at redline for nearly fifteen minutes and over 6000 rpm for half-an-hour straight. I'd consider that "stressful"... I don't have your long rev range. :hysterical: Besides, my motor has over 90,000 kilometers on it, and it's been on the dyno over two dozen times, on the racetrack a half-dozen times and revved on top-speed runs constantly. Heck, it's normal for many engines to drink oil with that abuse... we can't all have indestructible Nissan SR20s in our cars, no matter what the "Fast and the Furious" guys would have you think...

Normally driven or even in normal, spirited driving, the RS doesn't drink that much. Probably half-a-liter every 5000 kilometers if you're unlucky, usually none if you're not like me.

As a street cary, it's better than an SiR. Lots more toys, easy-going torque for traffic. If you're looking for an occassional track toy, it's as good as or better than an SiR, stock to stock. IN fact, though older cars with engine swaps can outrun the RS in a straight line, me and my RS have outcornered modified older cars on the racetrack, even when the suspension was stock. Hell... new cars are so much stiffer that a new Civic can probably outcorner a set-up EK Civic, on stock suspension.

But spending money on an expensive RS, SiR or FD Civic (which is also, by the way, a porker) for track work is kind of "meh"... for the track you want something cheap and expendable, like an AE101 Corolla with a 4AGE engine.
    Last edited by niky; February 11th, 2009 at 11:47 AM.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
ano po ms mganda sa 3??lynxRS/SIR/lancer