New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Btw, one reason why you csnt escape the trap of always seeking material things is your chosen companion. If the mother of the love of your life is ga-bariles at lagi nasa bahay at parlor parlor lang with all those coloretes sa mukha at buhok, chances are like mother like daughter. Decide now if you will love her forever kasi ganyan din ang uwi ng buhay like the rest of 80% of Filipinos and 90% of Obese Americans who chased the American dream

Find an energetic girl who will ride it with you in ups and downs of life, kahit di gano madami material things, always ready for adventure with you. This will serve as your check and balance, kasi darating lagi yun life message to Settle down, which also has the meaning as just stay home with your expensve things and get fat and uninterestng, and unstimulated.

Remember the maslows needs heirrachy , pang 3rd level lang dun ang American Dream of materialism . There's more to life than that

2. Join Date
    Jun 2012
    ^OB, bakit ang corny mo na? Wala na yung dating mga bentang banat mo ah..

3. Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Cruzin View Post
    Para sakin basta masaya ka sa binabayaran mo ng monthly for years ayos yan. But pag di ka masaya sa binabayaran mo every month at para magka kotse kalang ay wag nalang....
    May tao ba na nasisiyahan pag nagbabayad ng monthly bills?

4. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by minicarph View Post
    That's good kasi may kasamang sacrifice, papayat siya and he will look good with the car, as the car will complement him

Problem nowadays is we see a lot of beefed up picks-ups, fj cruisers, suvs, tapos pag bumaba ang owner, ang laki-laki ng tyan with machine washed clothes na sobrang luwag at losyang.

halatang - halata na inuubos ang per sa sasakyan. Pero sa sarili tinitipid na lang sa pagkain.
    wtf hahaha! This is what I tell everyone. Washing machine destroys clothes talaga. Nawawala sa form at nahuhulog kulay.

5. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Oo nga parang di na masyado funny si OB..

Washing machine lahat ng damit namin, no time to hand-wash and no labandera either. I didn't know it was bad. Planning to buy one of those all-in-one washers pa naman that also dry your clothes completely, perfect for condo living na walang sampayan.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by minicarph View Post
    Find an energetic girl who will ride it with you in ups and downs of life, kahit di gano madami material things, always ready for adventure with you. This will serve as your check and balance, kasi darating lagi yun life message to Settle down, which also has the meaning as just stay home with your expensve things and get fat and uninterestng, and unstimulated.
    99% of all Filipinas are the work and go home type of women. They don't want you doing adventurous things because you're the breadwinner and the source of income. They don't want anything happening to you. Forget being adventurous.

On most outdoor activities, I usually go it alone as do most guys who married Filipinas.

7. Join Date
    May 2011
    Please don't ban OB please. Hehehe. Pasko naman na .

It depends on the situations. Kung may anak kana toddler or nagtratrabaho ka sa makati and nakatira kasa Manila for me necessity ang car. Napakahirap magcommute sa Manila. Daig mopa nagconstruction on bad day.

8. Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by Jun aka Pekto View Post
    99% of all Filipinas are the work and go home type of women. They don't want you doing adventurous things because you're the breadwinner and the source of income. They don't want anything happening to you. Forget being adventurous.

On most outdoor activities, I usually go it alone as do most guys who married Filipinas.
    99%, sir where did you get the figure?

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

9. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by MR_BIG18 View Post

Based on what I can recollect over the past 21 years I've been married. It is scientific? Probably not.

Starting with my wife, she has no interest in:

Live sporting events

Outdoor activities such as snorkeling, camping, spending time in nature

Hunting/fishing for our food then cooking and eating them

Getting a little wet from the rain without her going into a panic about how were are going to get sick because of a few drops

Real "extreme" activities such as as skydiving. Twice when I was younger, I was invited by my coworkers to take part in their weekend skydiving group. Twice, the wife was vehemently against it to the point she would have made my life a living hell if I disobeyed her.
    -----

Expand the above to include her friends who were almost always Filipinas and like-minded. We became members of the local Fil-Am groups at places we lived at. Same story. All the activities are pretty mundane. We can't even get them to do river-boating:

If it's just me, forget it. If several of us hubbies went out as a group, we're allowed. But, none of the wives would come with us. They'd spend their time doing pot lucks while we were gone.

-----
    We spent six years in Upstate New York which is an outdoors paradise. Did we take advantage of it? Nope. I'm more than game. But, the wife always played the part of spoiler. Unfortunately, she's setting a bad precedent for the kids who are becoming more like her. They rather go to the mall than spend time camping and enjoying the outdoors.

10. Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Based on what I can recollect over the past 21 years I've been married. It is scientific? Probably not.

Live sporting events

Getting a little wet from the rain without her going into a panic about how were are going to get sick because of a few drops

Real "extreme" activities such as as skydiving. Twice when I was younger, I was invited by my coworkers to take part in their weekend skydiving group. Twice, the wife was vehemently against it to the point she would have made my life a living hell if I disobeyed her.
    -----

Expand the above to include her friends who were almost always Filipinas and like-minded. We became members of the local Fil-Am groups at places we lived at. Same story. All the activities are pretty mundane. We can't even get them to do river-boating:

If it's just me, forget it. If several of us hubbies went out as a group, we're allowed. But, none of the wives would come with us. They'd spend their time doing pot lucks while we were gone.

-----
    We spent six years in Upstate New York which is an outdoors paradise. Did we take advantage of it? Nope. I'm more than game. But, the wife always played the part of spoiler. Unfortunately, she's setting a bad precedent for the kids who are becoming more like her. They rather go to the mall than spend time camping and enjoying the outdoors.
    Maybe she chooses to be a homemaker instead of going out, i have friends whos wives chooses to come with us, sometimes even besting the husband, about the 9-5 thing, here in the P.I, Its the women that creates what we call extra income, they became entrepreneurs, i dealt with some good ones to the point where their husbands had to quit their jobs to help in their growing bussiness, a good wife is the one that lets you think youre superior so our egos wont get hurt, but in truth they know better, thats why we call them our better half

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Live sporting events

-----

-----
    Maybe she chooses to be a homemaker instead of going out, i have friends whos wives chooses to come with us, sometimes even besting the husband, about the 9-5 thing, here in the P.I, Its the women that creates what we call extra income, they became entrepreneurs, i dealt with some good ones to the point where their husbands had to quit their jobs to help in their growing bussiness, a good wife is the one that lets you think youre superior so our egos wont get hurt, but in truth they know better, thats why we call them our better half

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast