New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Hey guys,

Just want to know your ideas about this two models, ito kasi pampapalit ng bro ko sa FD namin which only got sold yesterday. We already dropped the Chevy Cruze LT with the choices after reading all the reviews you guys posted here. Just want to know the pros and cons between the two like FC, ownership cost especially with the GT-A since we already had an Altis before, parts availability, and the least important resale value (we'll use the car for only 4 years maximum).

TIA

2. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    I'd get the Lancer EX GT-A. It has more power, great handling, lots of toys, killer looks and reasonable FC. The Altis 2.0V doesn't have as much power as the GT-A and goes the luxury route. Now, the Altis is a compact sedan and so luxury is most definitely not its forte however you look at it. If you want power and luxury, the Hyundai Sonata is the way to go.

3. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Sana hindi ka na gumawa ng new thread, bro lexwen.

Anyway, Lancer EX parin.

Hindi dinala ng Toyota dito yung Malaysian Version na Altis eh. 170HP ata yung 2.0Li. Dual VVT-i nun. Tapos 7 speed ata.

GTi: Ehdi magiging tatlo na ang Sonata sa kanila?

4. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    yun bang altis yun may start stop. if so, dun ako

5. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Starex_Gold View Post
    Sana hindi ka na gumawa ng new thread, bro lexwen.

Anyway, Lancer EX parin.

Hindi dinala ng Toyota dito yung Malaysian Version na Altis eh. 170HP ata yung 2.0Li. Dual VVT-i nun. Tapos 7 speed ata.

GTi: Ehdi magiging tatlo na ang Sonata sa kanila?
    Meron na pala? haha! Di ko alam yan ah... well Sonata F24 nalang!

6. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by GTi View Post
    I'd get the Lancer EX GT-A. It has more power, great handling, lots of toys, killer looks and reasonable FC. The Altis 2.0V doesn't have as much power as the GT-A and goes the luxury route. Now, the Altis is a compact sedan and so luxury is most definitely not its forte however you look at it. If you want power and luxury, the Hyundai Sonata is the way to go.
    Thanks Sir GTi for the input I already have a Sonata the car we're buying is for my bro.

*Sir SG - hehehe sorry oo nga pala may thread pa pala ako dun sa Cruze vs. GT-A, anyway saw these two models yesterday at their respective showrooms here in Pampanga and we're pretty sure to stick our choice between the two.

7. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by jimnyeatworld View Post
    yun bang altis yun may start stop. if so, dun ako
    afaik, pati yung 1.6V variant, may push start

BTT:

Lancer EX for:

looks
    performance
    aftermarket mods

though maka-toyota ako,mas sulit yung lancer GTA over the altis 2.0. and regarding sa FC, parang parehas lang. they both have 2.0 engines.

8. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Lancer GT-A for me...

9. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    GT-A na.

RF Sound System
    Paddle Shifters
    6 Speed CVT (4 speed lang Altis)
    Pogi (Looks)

Downside lang sa GT-A is the small trunk.

afaik, pati yung 1.6V variant, may push start
    True. Saw the 1.6V variant last autofocus car show.

10. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by lexwen View Post
    Thanks Sir GTi for the input I already have a Sonata the car we're buying is for my bro.

*Sir SG - hehehe sorry oo nga pala may thread pa pala ako dun sa Cruze vs. GT-A, anyway saw these two models yesterday at their respective showrooms here in Pampanga and we're pretty sure to stick our choice between the two.
    Ang kalalabasan nito parang yung sa kabila din. Landslide ang pagka-panalo ng EX GT-A

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Altis 2.0V vs. Lancer GT-A