New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    When they introduced the Altis S, it was a clear indication that the life of the Altis was drawing near. I'd go for the Civic since it has the latest technology. 'Bang for the buck' so to speak.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Radical!
    When they introduced the Altis S, it was a clear indication that the life of the Altis was drawing near. I'd go for the Civic since it has the latest technology. 'Bang for the buck' so to speak.

civic too for me.... don't get the Altis S, afaik, its just a souped up Altis J.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    the 2006 civic seems to be the wisest choice. unless toyota counters with huge discounts and not just a raffle promo.

will now go to the showrooms and test drives better informed. thanks

ps: may dimmer ba ang display ng civic?

4. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    "Souped up"? More like merely dressed up. But I like the interior just a tiny bit better. It looks almost exactly like mine. Well, not exactly, but they weren't subtle about copying the silver trim and red and black seats...

Lynx RS

Altis S

While the Altis has less body roll, the steering on the Civic is much better, if not very involving, and is pretty quick. While I normally frown on ATs, the Civic's AT is passable, and the interior and exterior are much prettier.

Still, the Altis is not a bad car, and with the next Corolla coming in 2008 (if it ever comes... who the heck knows?), resale value shouldn't suffer too much in the next two years if you change your mind.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    sorry niki, what i mean to say is dressed up....

6. Join Date
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by kurt
    the 2006 civic seems to be the wisest choice. unless toyota counters with huge discounts and not just a raffle promo.

will now go to the showrooms and test drives better informed. thanks

ps: may dimmer ba ang display ng civic?
    Sigurado merong dimmer yung display.

IMO, discounts or raffle promo will have very little impact on my vehicle buying decisions. The most important is that the car performs well, has good features, good looks, etc. To me, promotions seem to convey an impression of product weakness in the market if not weak sales. If a company is employing such a tactic to predominantly sell their products, then they are banking too much on the perceived allure of free items, discounts, raffle and etc towards the customer and not the perceived strength of the product which is what they should be focusing on anyway but cannot at this point bec. of weak sales. After all, good products dont need anything to sell. Just look at the Fortuner last year. Kahit sa sobrang taga na nga, dami parin pumipila at kumakagat.

7. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    true the civic is now beating the altis in sales or at least in attention, natural reaction from toyota will be promos. but for me im kinda content with the package of the altis 1.6G, ageing or not. it has all i want and if they sell it like with a 100k discount, 80% altis na over civic.

a discount that big (and a car dvd/tv system) will really turn me to the altis. will just rationalize its a steal, its proven, quality maintenance easy and abundant kaya the altis will be easier and cheaper to maintain etc.

but i know owning the latest and hi-tech car also has its advantages. its just that i dont want that kind of car if it comes with the hassles of trying to buy it at this point. also quoting the fortuner experience. but i have yet to visit a showroom and inquire with their sales. never owned a honda car.

willing to wait til end of the year. usually may mga xmas promos at that time.

8. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Civic 2006. I just hope they offer the paddle shift with 1.8 variant. 2.0 is too much IMO. it's just a light car which doesn't need that much power anyway and the unnecessary fuel consumption.
    Last edited by Horsepower; July 31st, 2006 at 08:27 PM.

9. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by happy_gilmore
    sorry niki, what i mean to say is dressed up....
    Hehe... peace lang! It's just when I saw that, it reminded me of how funny I found the new Altis interior to be... it's just trying a bit too hard.

But the outside? I actually like the way it looks. And I'm not alone. I'm seeing a lot of Altis S variants on the road right now.

C! Magazine actually bashed the car in their Sideswipe section last month or the month before. Medyo disappointed yata sila with how badly the car performed, even with the better-than-stock tires they were testing it with... errh... using it to test.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

10. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by number001
    1.6 G A/T- never heard of that. Must be the 1.8E A/T which is also prices at Php 854K.

I'll still get the Civic 1.8S AT.
    diito, havent heard of that model except for the pre-facelifted 2001-2003 models. if you are a practical person, it wouldnt matter to you that its bound for replacement. anyway, ang importante BAGO ang tsikot mo, "0" kms pa ang odometer! kung mahalaga sayo ang resale, maintenance plus FEATURES wala na rin naman siguro masama sa Altis.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
ALtis 1.6G AT Vs. Civic 1.8S AT