New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Dear All,

ALtis 1.6G AT Vs. Civic 1.8S AT

Kindly post your comments on the two vehicles. And help me make up my mind.

ALtis: ph854,000

pros: proven reliability, fog lamps, HID ata, Multi info display, probably better discounts, aftermarket parts abundant, complete safety gadgets

cons: scheduled to be replaced

civic ph869,000

pros; "all new and improved", hi-tech engine, 5speed AT, digital display, safety devices,

cons: too high tech, too digital, unproven, no foglamps pa.

Its to replace a '96 Gli thats still running well but showing its age narin.
    We buy cars and keep it upto 10years kaya reliability and ease of ownership with repairs is a big big factor in the choice.

Value wise it seems the altis has the edge, but civic's pricing is also good. You seem to be getting what you pay for.

A big concern for me is the digital display of the civic, sure its nice and flashy while brand new, but after 2 years kaya will it still be bright and fucntioning perfectly. (digital fuel, temp gauges)

And i read here at tsikot, someone commented toyota phils production facilities are better compared to honda Phils.

thanks in advance

2. Join Date
    May 2005
    1.6 G A/T- never heard of that. Must be the 1.8E A/T which is also prices at Php 854K.

I'll still get the Civic 1.8S AT.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2003
    wla nang 1.6G since 2004! 1.8G maybe....

medyo luma na yung altis model...i'll go for civic 1.8S A/T.

4. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    taken from motioncars.com. bka nga 1.8l

5. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    civic is better for me

6. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    http://www.toyota.com.ph/pricing.html

there really is an altis 1.6G, but specs sheet of their website is not updated as it does not mention it. 1.6l is only upto the E variant. and i remember reading in their ad na may HID narin ang corolla altis but no mention in their specs sheet also

7. Join Date
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by kurt
    http://www.toyota.com.ph/pricing.html

there really is an altis 1.6G, but specs sheet of their website is not updated as it does not mention it. 1.6l is only upto the E variant. and i remember reading in their ad na may HID narin ang corolla altis but no mention in their specs sheet also
    I think the recently updated version of the Altis has HIDs already. As for the Civic, only the 2.0S-L come equipped with HID.

Edit: expect the HID on the Altis to be limited/available only to the very top model, 1.8G.
    Last edited by number001; July 30th, 2006 at 10:52 PM.

8. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    The Civic is newer, looks very modern and has an extra cog in its automatic, while the Altis has long been showing its age. Its replacement, as I posted before, will not come anytime soon. If Toyota won't offer other variants (I'm hinting XRS version) or any incentive to attract buyers in getting an Altis, I don't see it competing very well with the flashy, curvy new Honda.

9. Join Date
    May 2006
    Speed and acceleration wise Civic has the edge. Although it sucks in cornering (body roll is evident at certain speed), it performs better on straights which is handy for overtaking. As for the display's reliability and the car as a whole, it all boils down to how you take care of it and how long/far will you take it. Obviously from what you've posted you don't have any problem with the that.

10. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Civic...bago kasi :D Yung Altis will be 'old' by next year.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
ALtis 1.6G AT Vs. Civic 1.8S AT