New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Dezaremos View Post
    Thanks for the inputs sir .. I really appreciate it ..

I really want to upgrade to a vios because it a newer model, I also thought a Vios can give me atleast 12kl/per li .. My daily route is office to house & vice versa with light to moderate traffic .. But I also do errands from my wife's business on weekends in moderate to heavy traffic ..

Based on your computations, will it be a good move to just replaced all the underchassis components of my AE101 that needed replacements rather than replace it with a vios ???

I just wanted a Vios to have a newer car than my GLi but I'm not planning to hold on to it forever .. Maybe 3 to 4 years only ...
    Sisiw lang ang another 3 to 4 yrs. Ilang tulog lang yan di mo mamamalayan na 2019 na pala. Haha. Seriously, maiksi lang yan para bumili ka ng new car for the sake of better fuel consumption. Skip your plan for the vios and buy a better car in 2020. Nasave mo pa yung pera na papangbili mo sana ng vios for a better/newer car

2. Join Date
    Apr 2014

I really want to upgrade to a vios because it a newer model, I also thought a Vios can give me atleast 12kl/per li .. My daily route is office to house & vice versa with light to moderate traffic .. But I also do errands from my wife's business on weekends in moderate to heavy traffic ..

Based on your computations, will it be a good move to just replaced all the underchassis components of my AE101 that needed replacements rather than replace it with a vios ???

I just wanted a Vios to have a newer car than my GLi but I'm not planning to hold on to it forever .. Maybe 3 to 4 years only ...
    Vios MT 2016 can give you 12km per liter mix city/ highway based on full tank computation.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2015
    I feel like mas ok kung altis nalang ang kunin mo sir, para upgrade talaga. Hindi ho nalalayo ang konsumo ng dalawa.

4. Join Date
    Dec 2006

With the same traffic conditions that will allow 12 km/L for the Vios, you could get 9-10 km/L for the Corolla. Hmmm, have you tried computing the FC of your Corolla in the first place? Using full tank to full tank method of course, not just approximation using the fuel gauge.

I don't recommend to replace everything for the Corolla. That'll be pricey. Just replace what's really due for replacement.

If it's FC you're concerned about, start by checking the ff:

1. Engine oil - when was the last time you had your oil changed? What oil rating and viscosity are you using? Fully synthetic or semi-synthetic oil can give you a slight improvement in FC over regular mineral oil. Also make sure to replace your oil filter, preferably with an OEM one.

2. Spark plugs - as far as I remember, the Corolla doesn't use iridium plugs yet, so you have to change plugs every 20-30,000 km. Again, make sure to use spark plugs that are OEM spec to get the best power/efficiency.

3. Air filter - have your filter checked if it's already clogged. Usual replacement of filters is every 10-20,000 km depending on need. Replace if necessary.

4. Fuel filter - again, could already be clogged.

All of these are cheap maintenance items - it won't cost you more than 3k to have all of that replaced, since Corolla parts are cheap, and many shops in Banawe (and all over the country actually) carry them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    With the same traffic conditions that will allow 12 km/L for the Vios, you could get 9-10 km/L for the Corolla. Hmmm, have you tried computing the FC of your Corolla in the first place? Using full tank to full tank method of course, not just approximation using the fuel gauge.

I don't recommend to replace everything for the Corolla. That'll be pricey. Just replace what's really due for replacement.

If it's FC you're concerned about, start by checking the ff:

1. Engine oil - when was the last time you had your oil changed? What oil rating and viscosity are you using? Fully synthetic or semi-synthetic oil can give you a slight improvement in FC over regular mineral oil. Also make sure to replace your oil filter, preferably with an OEM one.

2. Spark plugs - as far as I remember, the Corolla doesn't use iridium plugs yet, so you have to change plugs every 20-30,000 km. Again, make sure to use spark plugs that are OEM spec to get the best power/efficiency.

3. Air filter - have your filter checked if it's already clogged. Usual replacement of filters is every 10-20,000 km depending on need. Replace if necessary.

4. Fuel filter - again, could already be clogged.

All of these are cheap maintenance items - it won't cost you more than 3k to have all of that replaced, since Corolla parts are cheap, and many shops in Banawe (and all over the country actually) carry them.

bro jut, TS will cost more than 3k to have all parts replaced as follows: items nos 1 & 2 OEM parts + FS oil. item nos 3 non OEM air filter would cost roughly 500. I have not included yet the fuel filter cost in the computation.

6. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by kimbon View Post
    bro jut, TS will cost more than 3k to have all parts replaced as follows: items nos 1 & 2 OEM parts + FS oil. item nos 3 non OEM air filter would cost roughly 500. I have not included yet the fuel filter cost in the computation.
    Eto cost sakin bro, Mazda 3 'to ha:

1. Engine Oil (4L FS) - 1.1k (mura kuha ko but 4L semi-synth will cost about that much din)

2. OEM air filter, oil filter, fuel filter - 1.5k from Mazford Banawe

3. OEM iridium spark plugs - 2k from Mazford Banawe. You don't have to use iridium plugs for the AE101, cheaper copper plugs will do at half the price.

4.6k for my Mazda. I'm sure parts are cheaper for the AE101 dahil plugs palang half the price na.

Sent from my SM-N910C using Tapatalk

7. Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Eto cost sakin bro, Mazda 3 'to ha:

1. Engine Oil (4L FS) - 1.1k (mura kuha ko but 4L semi-synth will cost about that much din)

2. OEM air filter, oil filter, fuel filter - 1.5k from Mazford Banawe

3. OEM iridium spark plugs - 2k from Mazford Banawe. You don't have to use iridium plugs for the AE101, cheaper copper plugs will do at half the price.

4.6k for my Mazda. I'm sure parts are cheaper for the AE101 dahil plugs palang half the price na.

Sent from my SM-N910C using Tapatalk
    ngek bro, I though you were referring to your last sentence as "to have all of that replaced" (you're referring to ALL parts replaced at the same time). yup, i agree cheaper pa ang AE101 vs Mz3 . BTW I'm interested to know what brand of FS oil & where can I buy? TIA

8. Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by dct View Post
    Sisiw lang ang another 3 to 4 yrs. Ilang tulog lang yan di mo mamamalayan na 2019 na pala. Haha. Seriously, maiksi lang yan para bumili ka ng new car for the sake of better fuel consumption. Skip your plan for the vios and buy a better car in 2020. Nasave mo pa yung pera na papangbili mo sana ng vios for a better/newer car
    I wanted to sell the ae101 while wala pang electrical problems and pwede pang ma benta ng 130k-135k .. Tapos kukuha ako ng 1st gen na vios na 200k-230k and will be using it for another 5yrs .. Baka kasi magka problema na ang ae101 ko kung hihintayin ko pa ang 5yrs bago mag upgrade ..

9. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    I wanted to sell the ae101 while wala pang electrical problems and pwede pang ma benta ng 130k-135k .. Tapos kukuha ako ng 1st gen na vios na 200k-230k and will be using it for another 5yrs .. Baka kasi magka problema na ang ae101 ko kung hihintayin ko pa ang 5yrs bago mag upgrade ..
    If you have an AE101 thats working well, why risk it with a Vios na hindi mo alam ang history, hindi mo alam kung anong hidden sira, hindi mo alam kung ok ang takbo. A newer car is not automatically less of a headache.

10. Join Date
    Jun 2012
    If you have an AE101 thats working well, why risk it with a Vios na hindi mo alam ang history, hindi mo alam kung anong hidden sira, hindi mo alam kung ok ang takbo. A newer car is not automatically less of a headache.

Agree with jut

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast