New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2006
    i think the reason that hyundai starex vans are weak in indonesia is because the GS is the first hyundai starex variant that also comes in right hand drive form.. kaya wala talaga presence dati ang hyundai starex in right hand drive markets..

i think the same would go for the alphard..dati right hand drive models lang.. kaya its probably the best right hand drive available in those countries..

but now the GS is vailable in right hand drive and form.. and it making its presence felt in countries that it wasnt availabe..

i know in thailand its getting a lot of attention now.. kasi its cheaper than the VW van. and is way more comfortable compared to the toyota grandia..

2. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    I see. Japanese autos should start introducing new models with LHD faster in SEA since us and China are LHD and China is the biggest auto market already. We can actually source our cars from China since their output is big. A few thousand units is enough for us compared to 10,000 units China is selling every month.

3. Join Date
    May 2006
    this is the reason i was asking in the first place if the alphard we have here in the philippines is indeed CBU from japan.. or is converted or asembly elsewhere.. as its being discussed here already its apparently CBU from japan..

*sachiel.. your right about the china market.. its huge right hand drive market.. but globally less than half of the world drives on the left side .. so theres always a market, but its not always a good sell..

4. Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by cocoy View Post
    this is the reason i was asking in the first place if the alphard we have here in the philippines is indeed CBU from japan.. or is converted or asembly elsewhere.. as its being discussed here already its apparently CBU from japan..
    maybe you are looking for those LHD converted ones available in Port Irene or Subic, but of course the ones selling by authorized TYT dealers are CBU from Japan (originally LHD built)

Quote Originally Posted by cocoy View Post
    *sachiel.. your right about the china market.. its huge right hand drive market.. but globally less than half of the world drives on the left side .. so theres always a market, but its not always a good sell..
    left hand drive kaya ang mga cars sa China..and of course its market is for the rich guys out there. it's like selling a Lexus car

5. Join Date
    May 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by myas110 View Post
    maybe you are looking for those LHD converted ones available in Port Irene or Subic, but of course the ones selling by authorized TYT dealers are CBU from Japan (originally LHD built)

left hand drive kaya ang mga cars sa China..and of course its market is for the rich guys out there. it's like selling a Lexus car
    sory yes meant left hand drive.. i think was asleep writing that part.. thanks for the the correction...

ok heres a question for all the experts out there.. Has there ever been a situation that a particular car company chose to built a manufacturing plant out side of their home base to cater for a particular market? for example toyota. the alphard has always been a right hand drive model. so making it in japan is no problem. because japan is right hand drive.. but because they have no market for left hand drive versions.. would it have been a good thing to make a manufacturing plant in a left hand drive country like china.. which would have a very attractive local market?
    Last edited by cocoy; August 7th, 2010 at 10:17 AM.

6. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by saipeme View Post
    speedlab claim +25hp and 31torque for unichip alone but i beg to disagree the 277ps and 346torque gas fed V6 won't out perform by 174ps 402torque crdi even you chip...but going up to baguio crdi rules!...
    Yes, but it will still have a lot more torque, which is also a big factor, despite the lack in hp. And it still does have the superior transmission compared to the Alphard, besides there are also many more things that can be done with it like changing the filter, etc. And it will still come out cheaper than the Alphard V6.

7. Join Date
    May 2008
    why not go for grand starex limosine?

8. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Town And Country CRDI?Nasa 2.850 Million Pesos lang yan pero its a Chrysler na Merc ang engine(galing Graz,Austria to tulad ng Commander CRDI at 300C).

Viano?Mukhang wala na yata nyan dahil almost 4.2 Million Pesos nayan at sobrang pangit.Kasing pangit ng Sprinter commercial van!

9. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Kung maka lait ka naman ng Viano. Parang may pambili ah :hammer:

Hmmm.. anong problema sa Town & Country CRDi?

Have you driven one?

10. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Starex_Gold View Post
    Kung maka lait ka naman ng Viano. Parang may pambili ah :hammer:

Hmmm.. anong problema sa Town & Country CRDi?

Have you driven one?
    Nakadrive na yan.

Mayaman yan eh.

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
Alphard or Grand Starex?! (or any van in this category?)