New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Unichip nalang or Diesel Race Chip.

Delikado yung DevilsOwn Alcohol Injection.

May Santa Fe na kumatok ang makina dahil dyan.
    Last edited by Starex_Gold; August 5th, 2010 at 10:33 PM.

2. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Taas lang ng Limo, apektado byahe. Hehehe.

3. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    I see... was it because the engine internals were not up to the task? Or was it just because the Santa Fe's engine is, for some reason, too new for the alcohol injection? I think the Unichip alone would already be able to greatly increase the Starex's power, the Alphard, even in V6 trim, wouldn't be able to match it even in the performance department.

4. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Hmmm.. siguro sensitive lang talaga yung CRDi System ng Hyundai sa mga ganyang modification. Kasi masyado talaga risky ang Alcohol injection.

Diesel Race Chip nalang. :evil:

5. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by GTi View Post
    I see... was it because the engine internals were not up to the task? Or was it just because the Santa Fe's engine is, for some reason, too new for the alcohol injection? I think the Unichip alone would already be able to greatly increase the Starex's power, the Alphard, even in V6 trim, wouldn't be able to match it even in the performance department.
    speedlab claim +25hp and 31torque for unichip alone but i beg to disagree the 277ps and 346torque gas fed V6 won't out perform by 174ps 402torque crdi even you chip...but going up to baguio crdi rules!...

6. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by cocoy View Post
    is the toyota alphard made as a left hand drive originaly from japan? or is it converted somewhere else?
    Alam ko CBU Japan yung mga units na dumarating dito.

7. Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Starex_Gold View Post
    No.. The Alphard has "luxury" features. Not really "features" na marami.

Syempre.. ang Grand Starex Limo walang Smart Key, walang engine start button, walang power seats, walang OTTOMAN seats, walang seat memory, adaptive HID headlamps..
    I'll rephrase it, the alphard has lots of luxury features like Smart Key, engine start button, power seats, OTTOMAN seats, seat memory, adaptive HID headlamps

Quote Originally Posted by Starex_Gold View Post
    Iba lang talaga ang dating kapag ikaw yung bumaba sa power sliding doors ng Alphard. Matinding head turner.
    The 2010 chrysler Town & Country has Power Sliding Doors and Liftgate

8. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Oo nga. Pati Town & Country. Fortunately, my friend was kind enough to let me drive his T&C CRDi sa NLEX. Lupit ng comfort. * 160 KPH, very stable & quiet sa loob.

Luxury = Alphard
    Practicality = Grand Starex

edit: Mismatch parin talaga eh. hehe. Dapat El Grand, Town & Country, Viano ang tinatapat dito, hindi Grand Starex. Kasi sila yung hindi nagkakalayo ang features.
    Last edited by Starex_Gold; August 6th, 2010 at 12:37 AM.

9. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by after11years View Post
    Given the premise na I have the money to buy an Alphard, I would still prefer a Grand Starex HVX. It's cheaper and its features are already enough for me. It also helps na diesel siya and mukhang mas tipid naman siya sa fuel compared sa Alphard.

Yung sukli ipambibili ko na lang siguro ng Macbook Pro, iPhone and some other stuff.
    Yung price difference ng Grand Starex HVX sa Alphard is already enough to buy another car.

10. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    This has been around in Indonesia for quite some time. Una akala ko local brand that is a copy cat of Starex. Yun pala Toyota, iba kasi yun logo sa harap. But Alphard dominates in Indonesia because Hyundai has weak presence there.

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
Alphard or Grand Starex?! (or any van in this category?)