New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Grand Starex Limousine syempre! The Pitstop/Standout version already has sunroof, 21 inch LCD , cooler and many other goodies thrown in at a lower price than the Alphard. The 2.4 engine of the Alphard, having both less horsepower (167hp vs 174hp) and less torque (227Nm vs 402Nm) than the GS Limo would be a slouch in the city, even more of a slouch in the highway and drink huge amounts of gas in both situations. The 3.5 V6 variant might be better but it would still have less torque than the GS Limo and also drink huge amounts of gas. Even if they put in the Fortuner's 3.0D4D engine, which I doubt they will, it would still produce lesser power than the GS.

2. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    ^^^and to add up check out Resortsworld manila....S350 ang service nila...

3. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by saipeme View Post
    teka correct me if i'm wrong

Grandia vs Grand starex
    Alphard vs GS limousine

sa dami ng features nang GS limousine and much powerful crdi engine sa GS limousine na ako pero pag dumating and kung dadating nga yong V6 engine found in the camry ng alphard and price less than 3m ibang usapan na yon hehehe....
    Tamaaa! Mismatch talaga yung Alphard vs. GS HVX.

Mas marami talaga features ng Grand Starex Limousine (Pit Stop Motors Version). Pero mas luxurious ang dating ng Alphard.

Kung ako ang pipili, Features over Luxury

4. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    would a diesel engine be more luxurious than a gas?

I've heard a BMW with a crdi diesel engine, mejo maingay sa labas.

5. Join Date
    May 2006
    is the toyota alphard made as a left hand drive originaly from japan? or is it converted somewhere else?

6. Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by cocoy View Post
    is the toyota alphard made as a left hand drive originaly from japan? or is it converted somewhere else?
    obviously kung CBU yan, it depends kung saang bansa ipapadala ang isanag CBU na sasakyan, like here in RP, LHD ang ipapadala nila sa atin, not the other way around. for example: kung ang mga sasakyan sa thailand and japan ay RHD pero may planta sila ng sasakyan at ipapadala ang mga CBU units sa RP, obviously LHD ang dadalhin sa Pinas. get it?

7. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Anybody know how much the 3.5 alphard cost in the grey market? that would be a good match to the gs limousine since mas marami features ang grey market compared sa local casa... Sa looks and features ALPHARD gets my vote if its the 3.5li version.

8. Join Date
    May 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by myas110 View Post
    obviously kung CBU yan, it depends kung saang bansa ipapadala ang isanag CBU na sasakyan, like here in RP, LHD ang ipapadala nila sa atin, not the other way around. for example: kung ang mga sasakyan sa thailand and japan ay RHD pero may planta sila ng sasakyan at ipapadala ang mga CBU units sa RP, obviously LHD ang dadalhin sa Pinas. get it?
    of course i get it.. the reason this van is just being officially released now here in the philippines is because it has been primarily right hand drive car.. even in right hand drive countries it was never brought in by toyota.. for the last how many years in thailand it was only brought in by the grey market importers..

just like the previous model of the starex it was only built as a left hand drive..the grand starex is the first model of the hyunda starex family that comes in right hand drive and left hand drive form..

this is why im asking if it is indeed factory made left hand drive.. Get it?

9. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by shibby75 View Post
    would a diesel engine be more luxurious than a gas?

I've heard a BMW with a crdi diesel engine, mejo maingay sa labas.
    Pwedeng oo, pwedeng hinde. Kung mapapansin mo palaging mas mahal ang Diesel variants.

At kahit naman maingay sa labas, kung maganda ang insulation, hindi mo maririnig ang diesel engine sa loob. Ask the Hyundai, Kia, BMW and Benz owners.

Tsaka meron bang diesel engine na mas tahimik sa gas engine?

10. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by cocoy View Post
    of course i get it.. the reason this van is just being officially released now here in the philippines is because it has been primarily right hand drive car.. even in right hand drive countries it was never brought in by toyota.. for the last how many years in thailand it was only brought in by the grey market importers..

just like the previous model of the starex it was only built as a left hand drive..the grand starex is the first model of the hyunda starex family that comes in right hand drive and left hand drive form..

this is why im asking if it is indeed factory made left hand drive.. Get it?
    Companies do not just produce a right hand drive vehicle in Japan and then "convert" it to left hand drive for a specific market. These are not Subic cars. If the market is left hand drive, then it is assembled as a left hand drive vehicle. Get it?
    Last edited by Walter; August 5th, 2010 at 08:54 AM.

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Alphard or Grand Starex?! (or any van in this category?)